AMP Capital is a global investment management business with a diversified asset class mix. As part of the AMP Group, we share a heritage that spans over 160 years.
Our home strength in Australia and New Zealand has enabled us to grow internationally, and today we have operations established in the Middle East, China, Hong Kong, India, Ireland, Japan, Luxembourg, the United Kingdom and the United States. We also collaborate with a network of global investment partners, leveraging our shared capabilities to provide greater access to new investment opportunities.
Our asset class specialists, investment strategists and economists work together with the aim of delivering strong investment outcomes for clients.
AMP Capital Real Estate
AMP Capital is one of the largest direct real estate fund managers in the Asia-Pacific region with more than A$28 billion* in assets under management on behalf of institutional and retail investors. We are also one of the most experienced, with our heritage in real estate investment spanning over 50 years.
Purpose of the role
The Finance Manager is primarily responsible for the financial management of allocated shopping centres. Working closely with Asset and Property Management team, this role is responsible to ensure Financial Accuracy and Operational Excellence including consistency of processes and driving efficiencies.
What the role entails:
- Shopping Centre oversight – Involved in direct oversight of financial performance/controls of allocated shopping centres including high quality delivery of all reporting requirements to investors.
- Budget and Forecast Setting – Work closely with centre and asset teams to ensure delivery of detailed budgets/quarterly forecasts
- Month end – Ensure completion of all end of month accounting processes – including accruals, conducting reviews, analysis, commentary, capital job close off and Capitalisation of WIP items.
- Management Reporting – Ensure consistency in format and delivery of monthly/quarterly management reporting packs including variance analysis and commentary
- Ensure all other elements of operational finance are delivered on a timely basis - Outgoings estimates/wash-ups, Outgoings Audit, Concessions, Turnover rent, Gift card/Gift Voucher reconciliations/ Extended Trade and other Billings & Rent reviews/ Audit Packs / Tenancy Schedule validation etc.
- Operational Excellence – Proactively look for opportunities/areas to drive operational excellence and remove duplicate business processes.
- Ability to sustain effective working relationships across divisional and business units and department heads, including centre teams, Asset management/Property Management HO teams, Shared Services, Analysts and others.
- Tertiary qualification in Finance, Accounting, Commerce or similar
- Completed or close to completing recognised accounting certification
- 4-5 Year or more accounting experience, preferably in the property industry
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills
- Knowledge of Cougar or JDE is preferred