Senior Legal Counsel Commercial – 12 to 18 months Fixed Term Contract - 4 days per week
About Legal and Governance
Legal and Governance forms part of the Group functions within AMP. The L&G team provides a comprehensive range of support services to all AMP business lines, through the AMP legal teams, Corporate Governance and Superannuation Trustee Office, and the management of outside legal counsel.
The Group Legal – Corporate & Governance team is a senior group of legal, governance and insurance professionals who are responsible for partnering with various areas of the AMP Group (People & Culture, Finance, Treasury, M&A, Strategic Sourcing) as well as providing corporate governance support to the boards of the AMP Group entities.
About the role
In this role you will provide senior legal support to the business on IT, Tech, IP, procurement, Outsourcing, Privacy and data protection, brand protection and general commercial matters. Your experience and knowledge will complement our team and your passion to mentor others will be valued
More specifically your responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Provide legal advice to the Strategic Sourcing Group (SSG). Broadly, SGG is the central contract management team for all AMP’s key vendor relationships: including commercial contracts; technology contracts; licensing; outsourcing arrangements, workspace (office fit out) and works contracts (minor and major construction agreements in relation to AMP assets).
- Provide Intellectual property and brand management advice to AMP business units.
- Provide legal advice and lead negotiations for AMP Capital’s Real Estate Technology business.
- Draft and negotiate a range of commercial, procurement and technology contracts in relation to IT outsourcing, business process outsourcing, software licensing, (including SaaS / cloud-based licensing) sponsorship, works (minor and major in relation to AMP Capital assets – O & I and retail).
- Provide legal support and advice in relation to data security, privacy (including GDPR) and regulatory requirements.
- Provide strategic advice and support to our internal clients eg: AMP Bank, AMP Australia, AMP Capital including management of AMP’s end to end trademark matters
- Support and work alongside stakeholders from Enterprise Risk Management, Cyber, Privacy and HR on various projects
- Develop and sustain collaborative working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
What we look for in you
- A current Practicing Certificate in the State of practice
- Established presence from in-house or at a Corporate law firm and at least 7 years relevant post admission experience
- In depth knowledge of software, technology and outsourcing contractual arrangements, including offshoring and property related contracts, preferably with experience acting for APRA regulated entities.
- Demonstrated knowledge of brand protection and intellectual property law, including trade mark, copyright law and privacy laws.
- Ability to prepare and negotiate a broad range of commercial and technology contracts
- Ability to lead legal negotiations on a range of complex and high value outsourcing and procurement arrangements
To be successful in this role you are a proactive self starter with strong business acumen and a passion for commercial contracts and negotiation. Your exceptional team player qualities will assist in building and maintaining strong client relationships with the key business stakeholders, and also supporting the Commercial legal team, the broader Group Legal team and mentoring junior lawyers.
You are a superb communicator, influencer, you are flexible and agile but most of all you have the willingness to roll up your sleeves, pitch in and get things done.
If you would like to obtain further information, please do not hesitate to contact Milica Radomir on 02 92575036
Wellbeing & Benefits
As a company that values wellbeing, we offer a range of great benefits to support you financially, professionally and personally. These include access to a wide range of flexible working options including the ability to purchase extra leave, retail discounts, onsite wellbeing centre including a gym (Sydney Office), Employee Assistance Program, competitive home loan rates, leading superannuation contribution, discounted financial advice and personal insurance.
Inclusion & Diversity
AMP recognises individual differences and welcomes people from a variety of life and work experiences. The diversity of our people is core to our ability to innovate, grow and to fulfil our collective aspiration of helping people to own their tomorrow. A natural curiosity, a respect for differences and a growth mindset are valued at AMP.
Message to recruitment agencies and search firms
AMP does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies and search firms. Please do not email or send unsolicited resumes to any AMP employee, location or address. AMP is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.