Manager, Group Operational Risk
Job no: 615737
Work type: Fixed term - full time
Categories: Risk & Compliance
Manager, Group Operational Risk
- Be part of an innovative and transformative business
- Thrive within a supportive, inclusive, and collaborative team
- 12-month fixed term contract
Working for AMP
Working for AMP means being part of a company that values diverse thinking, encourages collaboration, and promotes innovation. AMP is one of Australia’s leading wealth management organisations and in undertaking a rapid and exciting transformation. It’s an environment that offers challenging and exciting work as well as opportunities for professional growth. We will back you in the development of your career, with internal progression opportunities and flexible working conditions. Our organisation is focused on creating a diverse and dynamic environment that embraces and values differences. We value the variety of unique experiences and skills our people possess, and we share and learn from each other.
About the role
The Manager, Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Group Operational Risk will report to the Senior Manager, Group Operational Risk. The Manager, ERM Group Operational Risk will work closely with teams across the AMP Group business units and the other ERM group and business facing teams.
The Manager, ERM Group Operational Risk role is a part of the Group Compliance and Operational Risk team, supporting the team and the wider ERM team to embed the complete and consistent application of AMP’s Operational Risk Management framework across the AMP Group. It requires close liaison with key stakeholders, working closely with the central ERM teams, ERM Business facing Risk Managers and senior business representatives and acting as an effective “second line of defence” in managing risks to the business.
- Raise awareness and understanding of operational risk and control concepts and their relevance to strategic and operational business activities.
- Provide technical operational risk advice and expertise to the ERM function and AMP Business stakeholders.
- Maintain and update operational risk management framework and supporting policy and guidance documents, based on changes to the business or regulatory requirements.
- Work with the various ERM L2 business risk managers to advise and challenge the Business on the application and maturity of the operational risk management framework and policy components, including risk and control assessments, incident management, issue management, risk appetite statements, risk acceptance, key risk indicators, control assurance and operational risk in projects.
- Analyse and provide insights regarding Incidents and Issues and the associated risks in the business.
- Monitor and report to Management and Board on the key risk and control information being input into the GRC and other capture tools, including risk metrics, risk & control assessment, risk profiles, control testing plans and results, incident, breach and issue management information, and outline opportunities for further enhancements to management.
- Review and challenge the Business in its pro-active consideration of the risk and control implications of key projects and change management initiatives.
- Work with key data owners to develop applicable operational risk appetite statements, any supporting metrics and thresholds, assist the various ERM L2 business risk managers to adopt these in their Entity specific documents, and provide reporting and insights to Management and Board where appropriate.
- Be alert to current operational risk events, trends, and emerging issues, and provide insightful analysis.
Capabilities & Experience
- Degree in Finance, Business, Commerce or Law, or equivalent
- Relevant experience and a proven track record in a risk management, compliance, internal / external audit, or assurance role, with experience in financial services an advantage
- Good understanding of the financial services industry, relevant regulators (e.g., ASIC and APRA), and current and proposed financial services regulatory and legislative requirements
- Proven ability to understand operational and compliance risks inherent or emerging in a business area, to assess the level of risk, and to develop and execute plans to mitigate risk.
- Demonstrated experience in establishing and maintaining effective stakeholder relationships at a range of levels
- Ability to constructively challenge, consult and advise, whilst maintaining excellent relationships.
- Proven ability to manage change effectively
- Strong knowledge of financial services risk and key regulations
Wellbeing & Benefits
As a company that values wellbeing, we offer a range of great benefits to support you financially, professionally, and personally. These include access to a wide range of flexible working options including the ability to purchase extra leave, retail discounts, onsite wellbeing centre including a gym (Sydney Office), Employee Assistance Program, leading superannuation contribution.
Inclusion & Diversity
AMP recognises individual differences and welcomes people from a variety of life and work experiences. The diversity of our people is core to our ability to innovate, grow and to fulfil our collective aspiration of helping people to own their tomorrow. A natural curiosity, a respect for differences and a growth mindset are valued at AMP.
Message to recruitment agencies and search firms
AMP does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies and search firms. Please do not email or send unsolicited resumes to any AMP employee, location, or address. AMP is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend