AMP Capital is a global investment manager with a heritage and strength in real estate and infrastructure, and specialist expertise in fixed income, equities and multi-asset solutions.
Sharing a heritage with AMP that spans more than 160 years, our home strength in Australia has enabled us to grow globally to be one of the largest investment managers in the Asia Pacific region. With offices located across four continents, our collaboration across regions allows us to leverage insights and provide greater access to new investment opportunities, helping us to create a range of firsts on behalf of our clients.
The Multi Asset Group is responsible for the Investment management and oversight of around $80bn in multi asset and multi manager portfolios across multiple distribution channels. It should be noted that the Multi Asset Group will be transitioning into the AMP Wealth Group later in the year.
The Quantitative Research team is supporting the Multi Asset Group with portfolio construction, risk management and investment research. The team works closely with portfolio managers, manager research and investment strategy and economics (ISET) teams.
Purpose of the role
- To provide quantitative solutions to aid in managing multi-asset investment portfolios.
- Building quantitative models to support investment research and portfolio management
Main focus areas
- Quantitative research in developing investment models across all asset classes (FX, Equity, Rates, Commodity, Credit)
- Development of tools to aid portfolio construction and risk management
- Provide support for ad-hoc data and research requests from the investment team
The successful candidate will possess:
- In-depth understanding of the global capital markets, investment analysis and various financial instruments
- Solid understanding of portfolio construction & risk management
- Strong programming experience in Matlab, Python, R
- Database skills (SQL)
- Strong understanding of Bloomberg Professional Service and Bloomberg data structure.
- Creative mind with attention to details and drive for results
- Advanced degree in Computing, Finance or Economics
- 5+ year previous experience as quantitative analyst/programmer within financial services
Recruitment agencies: please note that we are not seeking assistance on this role. Should we require assistance we may reach out to our network of preferred agency partners once this ad has expired. Be aware that you are not considered engaged on a role until it has been released by Talent Acquisition through our agency portal. We do not pay recruitment fees on candidate profiles/resumes introduced through any other method.