Working for AMP
Working for AMP means being part of a company that values diverse thinking, encourages collaboration, and promotes innovation. It’s an environment that offers challenging and exciting work as well as opportunities for professional growth. We’re flexible enough to allow you to make the most of your life, both professionally and personally.
We are looking for those that have the courage and agility to navigate changing and complex environments so that we can deliver the best solutions for our customers. We value people with integrity, an innate willingness to help others and an eagerness to perform to the best of their abilities. We’re transforming our business, and we need people like you to join us on this journey.
About Internal Audit Function
The Internal Audit function of AMP Limited and its Subsidiaries (AMP) provides independent, objective assurance services to assist AMP accomplish its objectives.
Internal Audit’s Purpose in AMP is to be a catalyst for improvement in the governance, risk management and control environment, providing assurance to key stakeholders and the audit committee. Our vision is to provide relevant, timely insights using a collaborative approach, focusing on the 4 Ps People, Process, Performance and Partnership.
About the Role
Reporting to a Head of Internal Audit, your role will involve leading and executing business audits, regulatory compliance reviews, project assurance reviews and targeted/thematic risk reviews across all portfolios. You will have exposure across all AMP businesses and support areas including AMP Capital (primary), AMP Wealth Management, AMP Bank, AMP NZ Wealth Management, Superannuation Trustee, Data Privacy/Governance, Finance, Third Party Management and Enterprise Risk Management.
In this role, you will contribute to the broader AMP Transformation by supporting management requests for third line assurance and providing valuable risk insights in a pragmatic and commercial manner.
Main focus areas
- Lead, execute and deliver internal audits, in accordance with the IA vision and strategic objective of “providing relevant, timely and insightful advice using a collaborative approach to help AMP achieve its objectives”
- Determine business risks, audit scope and resource requirements as part of engagement planning
- Develop and execute a risk-based audit program
- Understand risk impact and root cause of issues and reflect this in draft audit issues and reports
- Prepare quality work papers supported by appropriate evidence and testing
- Confidently present audit results at stakeholder exit meetings
- Supervise Audit Managers and review audit workpapers, while providing on the job training
- Work with the Portfolio Audit Managers to manage the audit portfolio, including issues validation
- Build and maintain the IA Brand in all interactions through adopting a positive, professional, and collaborative mindset
- Proactively establish and maintain effective, constructive and professional relationships
- Understand the business drivers, risks / opportunities and economic / regulatory environment
- Provide credible advice based on strong business insights and risk management assurance in all interactions
- Build external networks with audit professionals in the industry to understand and translate better practices into AMP
What we look for in you
- Graduate qualifications ideally with a post graduate qualification
- Valued qualifications/memberships: IIA Graduate Certificate in Internal Auditing / CIA, CISA, CPA, CA
- At least 5 years internal audit / assurance experience with a proven capability around adding value and insights.
- Valued experience includes investment and wealth management (Australian and global experience ideal)
- Understanding of the Australian Financial Services Industry and its regulatory regime (ASIC, APRA).
- Proven ability to adapt, be flexible and work in a dynamic business environment.
Wellbeing & Benefits
As a company that values wellbeing, we offer a range of great benefits to support you financially, professionally and personally. These include access to a wide range of flexible working options including the ability to purchase extra leave, retail discounts, onsite wellbeing centre including a gym (Sydney Office), Employee Assistance Program, competitive home loan rates, leading superannuation contribution, discounted financial advice and personal insurance.
Inclusion & Diversity
AMP recognises individual differences and welcomes people from a variety of life and work experiences. The diversity of our people is core to our ability to innovate, grow and to fulfil our collective aspiration of helping people to own their tomorrow. A natural curiosity, a respect for differences and a growth mindset are valued at AMP.