Working for AMP
Working for AMP means being part of a company that values diverse thinking, encourages collaboration, and promotes innovation. It’s an environment that offers challenging and exciting work as well as opportunities for professional growth. We’re flexible enough to allow you to make the most of your life, both professionally and personally.
We are looking for those that have the courage and agility to navigate changing and complex environments so that we can deliver the best solutions for our customers. We value people with integrity, an innate willingness to help others and an eagerness to perform to the best of their abilities.
We’re transforming our business, and we need people like you to join us on this journey.
About the role
Enterprise Risk Management is accountable for AMP’s ERM Framework, risk management capability and the provision of independent oversight and monitoring of their business partners.
The Platforms Risk and Compliance team is responsible for the delivery of the Second Line Risk and Compliance functions for the AMP Platform business. Key stakeholders for the delivery of these services include the Director Platforms and their Leadership team, and the Board of NMMT.
You will also provide support on activities such as:
Risk Management Framework
- Understanding and applying the AMP Risk Management Framework (including Compliance Risk Management Framework) to the Platforms business
- Oversee appropriateness of RMF for program delivery for the Platforms business and impact on the risk profile
- Challenge and independent oversight of RMF and CRMF – reporting, assurance, testing, risk maturity and remediation plan
- Monitor emerging regulatory environment for risk to the Platforms business plan
- Independent review and challenge of the business strategic objectives in line with the NMMT Risk Appetite
- Independent review and challenge of risk and control assessments in RCSA.
- Independent review of action progress/management for the Platform business
- Co-ordination and facilitation of risk scenario analysis, stress testing and deep dives
- Support oversight of relevant material issues, incidents and Breaches and review effectiveness of root cause and remediation
- Independent oversight of Control Assurance plan and effectiveness of testing.
- Perform own assurance reviews where warranted to form independent view.
Compliance Obligations & Controls
- Challenge and oversee control design, testing and effectiveness to restore
Conflicts of Interest
- Independent review of action progress/management across the business.
Governance and Reporting
- Apply independent Line 2 Business Unit ERM reporting
Independent review and challenge of Line 1 risk reporting and management actions
Capabilities & Experience
- Degree in Law, Business, Commerce or Finance or equivalent, ideally with a post graduate qualification
- Expert knowledge of financial services technology and/or operational risk and key regulatory requirements
- Relevant experience and a proven track record in risk management, with a focus on providing strategic risk advice and guidance, as well assisting in designing and implementing operational risk controls, risk testing and reporting.
- Understanding of the financial services industry (preferably superannuation and wealth products), relevant regulators (e.g. ASIC and APRA), and current and proposed financial services regulatory and legislative requirements
- Demonstrated experience in conducting risk workshops and risk updates to key stakeholder groups
- Demonstrated experience in establishing and maintaining effective stakeholder relationships at a range of levels
- Experience in operational risk management in a technology or back office processing environment desirable
- Proven customer service orientation
- Proven ability to manage change effectively
- Previous experience in operating in a 3LOD environment would be highly desirable.
Wellbeing & Benefits
As a company that values wellbeing, we offer a range of great benefits to support you financially, professionally, and personally. These include access to a wide range of flexible working options including the ability to purchase extra leave, retail discounts, onsite wellbeing centre including a gym (Sydney Office), Employee Assistance Program, competitive home loan rates, leading superannuation contribution, discounted financial advice and personal insurance.
Inclusion & Diversity
AMP recognises individual differences and welcomes people from a variety of life and work experiences. The diversity of our people is core to our ability to innovate, grow and to fulfil our collective aspiration of helping people to own their tomorrow. A natural curiosity, a respect for differences and a growth mindset are valued at AMP.
Message to recruitment agencies and search firms
AMP does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies and search firms. Please do not email or send unsolicited resumes to any AMP employee, location, or address. AMP is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.