Risk and Process Improvement Specialist -People and Public Affairs
- Great opportunity to showcase your Risk and Process Improvement in our People and Public Affair
- Opportunity to make a difference and where your expertise is valued
- Work with diversity of team for a common goal
About the Division
The People and Corporate Affairs (P&CA) business unit within AMP Group is accountable for the delivery of human resource services, government relations, communications, brand management, sustainability, and management of AMP Foundation
About the role
In this role you will be reporting to the Head of People Services and will be accountable for first line risk management (1LOD) for the People and Corporate Affairs business unit, including the implementation of AMP’s ERM Framework, risk management, issue management and compliance capability.
Working closely with the P&CA leadership team and Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) team you will be ensuring key risks are being proactively managed, appropriate controls are established and maintained, and incidents are logged and addressed to prevent recurrence.
The role will also be responsible for understanding and analysing current state business processes, performance metrics and risks and controls to identify trends and improve the end-to-end employee experience.
You will be working collaboratively with IT and automation teams in using robotics or similar automation processes as well as identifying improvements using methodologies such as Lean, Six Sigma etc and delivering processes in line with the P&CA strategy and priorities
More specifically your responsible will included but not limited to:
- Work with Line 2 (Group Functions ERM) to ensure that all relevant regulatory obligations and compliance policies that P&CA needs to comply with have been identified, and that correct controls are in place
- Assist in the ongoing enhancement, support and maintenance of the People & Corporate Affairs Group Regulatory Change Framework
- Proactively identify and assess key risks and controls (operational, compliance, strategic, etc)
- Manage and monitor incidents including root cause analysis, action plan, tracking, communication to relevant regulatory bodies and reporting to key stakeholders
- Monitor, identify, report and facilitate remediation of incidents of non-compliance
- Support the implementation and ongoing support of a GRC system within the business unit including the Compliance, Obligations & Controls modules and Conflicts of Interest module
What we look for in you is:
- Relevant experience and proven track record in a risk management role, including designing and implementing operational risk controls, risk testing and reporting
- Proven ability to understand operational and compliance risk to assess the level of risk and to develop and execute plans to mitigate risk
- Able to work with line 2 to understand and interpret upcoming policy, risk framework or regulatory change and how it will impact P&CA
- Experience in conducting risk workshops and risk updates to key stakeholder groups
- Experience in incident management
- Keeping up to date with current regulatory risk events, trends and emerging issues and determining risk impacts.
To be successful in the role you will have excellent prioritisation, organisational, planning and implementation skill. Your engaging style will see you build and maintain superb stakeholder relationships where you can negotiate and influence win-win outcomes. As a superb communicator you can produce high quality reports and presentations to suite all levels of the audience
We also value someone who is proactive, who can constructively challenge, consultant and bring about the process improvements that are beneficial to P&CA and AMP. You will also be an exceptional analytical and problems solving skill, lateral and strategic thinker and someone with experience in project management tools and process mapping programs
Wellbeing & Benefits
As a company that values wellbeing, we offer a range of great benefits to support you financially, professionally and personally. These include access to a wide range of flexible working options including the ability to purchase extra leave, retail discounts, onsite wellbeing centre including a gym (Sydney Office), Employee Assistance Program, competitive home loan rates, leading superannuation contribution, discounted financial advice and personal insurance.
Inclusion & Diversity
AMP recognises individual differences and welcomes people from a variety of life and work experiences. The diversity of our people is core to our ability to innovate, grow and to fulfil our collective aspiration of helping people to own their tomorrow. A natural curiosity, a respect for differences and a growth mindset are valued at AMP.
If you require further information, please contact Milica Radomir on 02 92575036
Message to recruitment agencies and search firms
AMP does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies and search firms. Please do not email or send unsolicited resumes to any AMP employee, location or address. AMP is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.