AMP Capital is a specialist investment manager with offices in Australia, New Zealand, Japan, China, Hong Kong, India, London, Chicago, New York, California, Ireland and the Middle East. We are a leading global real estate and infrastructure manager and the combination of our scale, breadth and capability provides access to superior investment opportunities for our clients.
Our asset class specialists, investment strategists and economists work together with the aim of delivering strong investment outcomes for clients. That is why our clients trust us to invest over AS$187 billion AUM (as at 31 Dec 2020) on their behalf, across a range of single sector and diversified funds.
Focus areas and responsibilities:
- Data Management: Receipt and validation of data received from vendor sources inclusive of static data and end of day pricing, modification of data recorded within the data warehouse and other in-house systems and setting up and validating new security static data within strategic systems.
- Valuations and Asset Pricing: Operate valuation models and provide output to the front office for sign off; review and investigation of items detailed on Pricing Reports as well as assist Administrator/Custodian with pricing of assets through engagement with internal and external stakeholders and responding to escalations from our primary service provider.
- Substantial Shareholding Notifications: Validate generated Notices by performing review of data to ensure accuracy, provide reporting to external parties (Australia only); and review and resolve warnings within the SSN application.
- Contribute to the scoping, designing and developing of efficiencies and improvements to the Data Management (DM) function, systems and processes.
- Provide support in maintaining a continuous improvement mindset and eliminating risks to the business created through non-adherence to policies and procedures..
- Provide support to the front office investment management processes and liaise effectively with external/internal service providers.
- Experienced professional with 2-3 years of operational experience in the fund management industry, with user knowledge of data integrity management, reconciliations and asset pricing.
- Good knowledge of Australian & International securities/assets/derivatives.
- Strong attention to detail as well as strong analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to propose suggestions which lead to good business outcomes
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience using Eagle Pace, Charles River, Aladdin or Smartstream/TLM an advantage
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team and gain the trust and respect of team members
- Ability to work across functional business teams to influence change strategies and drive implementation of business improvements
- Relevant tertiary qualification. Bachelors in Commerce, Business or Finance desirable