AMP Capital is a global investment management business and is with a diversified asset class mix. As part of the AMP Group, we share a heritage that spans over 160 years.
Our home strength in Australia and New Zealand has enabled us to grow internationally, and today we have operations established in the Middle East, China, Hong Kong, India, Ireland, Japan, Luxembourg, the United Kingdom and the United States. We also collaborate with a network of global investment partners, leveraging our shared capabilities to provide greater access to new investment opportunities.
Our asset class specialists, investment strategists and economists work together with the aim of delivering strong investment outcomes for clients. That is why our clients trust us to invest over A$187 billion (as at 31 Dec 2020) on their behalf, across a range of single sector and diversified funds.
About Public Markets
Public Markets is an end to end business within AMP Capital that incorporates Global Fixed Income, Equities and Multi-Asset investment teams. Public Markets also includes all the support functions including Investment Technology, Product, Investment Operations and Performance Analytics. Public Markets has embarked on a multi-year transformation journey that will pivot investment teams and its product set towards high value add Alpha and Solutions. Meanwhile the operating platform will become simpler, standardised and lower risk.
Purpose of the role:
This role is responsible for calculating and providing performance and detailed attribution reports to AMP Capital’s clients and internal/external stakeholders across various funds.
- Provide accurate, timely and consistent reporting services to Investment teams, Client services, Client communications, external clients and research houses.
- Contribute to the development of a high performing team which consistently delivers against both the Investment Reporting & Analytics and Public Markets objectives as well as the wider AMPC corporate objectives.
What the role entails:
- Build relationships and interact with investment teams, client services, product, investment operations, external vendors and custodians to provide high quality solutions to stakeholders and clients.
- Contribute to the Investment Reporting & Analytics and Public Markets objectives by meeting and/or exceeding customer, business and personal targets.
- Responsible for periodic total return & attribution reports across funds:
- Perform detailed analysis and attribution to clearly decompose the drivers of the returns for funds & strategies.
- Identify and analyse issues, exceptions or errors, and perform an effective and timely resolution process with the internal or outsourced stakeholders.
- Strong excel and VBA skills (preferred) to improve current reporting processes. Preferably also a solid understanding of data and databases. An understanding of report generation and data extracts.
- Liaise and interact with external parties such as performance consultants and research houses, including responding to queries.