Senior Legal Counsel – Treasury & Corporate - Part Time opportunity
“What a great opportunity to make 22.5 hours per week work for you. This could be a 3 days per week role or it could be working 4 or 5 days per week with reduced hours. You make the hours work for you”
About Legal and Governance
Legal and Governance forms part of the Group functions within AMP. The L&G team provides a comprehensive range of support services to all AMP business lines, through the AMP legal teams, Corporate Governance and Superannuation Trustee Office
The Group Legal – Corporate & Governance team is a senior group of legal, governance and insurance professionals. The legal team partners with various areas of the AMP Group, providing head office functions to People & Culture, Finance, Treasury, M&A and Strategic Sourcing.
About the role
In this role you will be reporting to the Head of Legal, Corporate and you will be responsible for providing senior legal support to the finance business on corporate and treasury transactions and agreements. Your natural ability to develop and sustain collaborative working relationships will ensure that you deliver key projects and strategic objectives for AMP
Working closely and collaboratively with members of Legal & Governance and the relevant business unit you will provide seamless and appropriate legal advice t with respect to Finance, Treasury and corporate advisory matters.
As an expert in your field you will maintain awareness of key changes in Treasury, Finance and Corporate Advisory through external networks and educate the Legal & Governance team in identifying key legal and regulatory developments, potential risk, market trends and best practice.
More specifically your responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Supporting Treasury and Finance teams for all major capital and funding transactions across the AMP group, including the due diligence process.
- Leading the legal/regulatory workstreams with effective transaction support for all major capital and funding transactions across the AMP group.
- Engaging and managing external counsel for all major capital and funding transactions across the AMP group.
- Drafting, reviewing, negotiating, and advising on a wide variety of banking and finance documentation, in particular for DCM, securitisation, derivatives, ISDAs and corporate lending.
- Providing transaction structuring advice and be able to identify issues that require expert assistance.
- Compliance reporting for Debt Programmes, Loan Facilities, ASX-listed instruments and risk disclosures.
- Managing external counsel in accordance with the AMP panel guidelines.
Apart from your innovative, proactive and entrepreneurial minds what we also look for in you:
- A current Practicing Certificate in the State of practice
- Experience in-house or at a Corporate law firm (at least 7 years’ post admission experience relating to Banking & Finance, Transactions, M&A or Corporate Advisory).
- Extensive experience in securitisation, DCM/ECM, derivatives and corporate advisory.
- Sound knowledge of the Corporations Act, ASX Listing Rules, APRA Prudential requirements.
To be successful in this role you are a proactive self starter, who can prioritise and organise their work and deliver exceptional quality of advice to your stakeholders. You have good project management and implementation skills and the ability to make complex information clear and concise.
You are a superb communicator and influencer, you are flexible and agile but most of all you have the willingness to roll up sleeves, pitch in and get things done.
If you would like to obtain further information, please do not hesitate to contact Milica Radomir on 02 92575036.
Wellbeing & Benefits
As a company that values wellbeing, we offer a range of great benefits to support you financially, professionally and personally. These include access to a wide range of flexible working options including the ability to purchase extra leave, retail discounts, onsite wellbeing centre including a gym (Sydney Office), Employee Assistance Program, competitive home loan rates, leading superannuation contribution, discounted financial advice and personal insurance.
Inclusion & Diversity
AMP recognises individual differences and welcomes people from a variety of life and work experiences. The diversity of our people is core to our ability to innovate, grow and to fulfil our collective aspiration of helping people to own their tomorrow. A natural curiosity, a respect for differences and a growth mindset are valued at AMP.
Message to recruitment agencies and search firms
AMP does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies and search firms. Please do not email or send unsolicited resumes to any AMP employee, location or address. AMP is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.