About the role
The process improvement and design practice help business to identify opportunities and deliver improvements that will add value and benefit to our customer experiences. Doing so, you will provide quality assessment and assurance to help teams to deliver the service outcomes for our customers whilst also driving efficiency across our business teams.
- The process improvement and design specialist will lead, support and deliver improvement to the quality and efficiency of AMP products, processes and systems. This will involve leading and supporting projects to deliver multi system tactical improvements to the design, monitoring and performance of services. Role will support projects in delivering current state and future state process maps
- Lead an improvement initiative, through system or process design that aligns to the business need, operating plans and strategic objectives; having accountability for management and delivery of improvements using the waterfall/agile delivery methodology, and apply Lean/six sigma where required
- Use varied questioning techniques and facilitation techniques to discover process and data and requirements from a group of users or stakeholders. (eg: interview, workshop, survey, walkthrough, etc…
- Lead and enhance capabilities at AMP by contributing to continuous improvement activity and lifting skills by sharing knowledge and experience and actively learning from industry best practice.
- Design future state processes considering risk and impacts
- Conduct FMEA
- Actively contribute to the risk and issue mitigation process by identifying, reporting and managing risks and resolving issues
- Support projects in identifying impacts by mapping current and future state processes
Skills & experience
- Familiarity with analysis, design, deployment and measurement techniques and process methodologies and standards (eg. Lean, Lean six sigma, Six sigma)
- Familiarity with process modelling with BPM standards using DEMO methodology
- Familiarity with Project Management and SDLC/Agile processes and activities
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt or Green Belt with 7+ years’ experience in similar role
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications in mathematics, statistics, business, insurance and/or finance desirable
Wellbeing & Benefits
As a company that values wellbeing, we offer a range of great benefits to support you financially, professionally and personally. These include access to a wide range of flexible working options including the ability to purchase extra leave, retail discounts, onsite wellbeing centre including a gym (Sydney Office), Employee Assistance Program, competitive home loan rates, leading superannuation contribution, discounted financial advice and personal insurance.
Inclusion & Diversity
AMP recognises individual differences and welcomes people from a variety of life and work experiences. The diversity of our people is core to our ability to innovate, grow and to fulfil our collective aspiration of helping people to own their tomorrow. A natural curiosity, a respect for differences and a growth mindset are valued at AMP.