Manager, Business Services Risk
Job no: 615397
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Categories: Risk & Compliance
Working for AMP
Working for AMP means being part of a company that values diverse thinking, encourages collaboration, and promotes innovation. It’s an environment that offers challenging and exciting work as well as opportunities for professional growth. We’re flexible enough to allow you to make the most of your life, both professionally and personally.
We are looking for those that have the courage and agility to navigate changing and complex environments so that we can deliver the best solutions for our customers. We value people with integrity, an innate willingness to help others and an eagerness to perform to the best of their abilities.
We’re transforming our business, and we need people like you to join us on this journey.
About the role
This role will report into the Head of Technology and Business Services in the Enterprise Risk Management, (ERM) Division of AMP Australia. The Manager ERM Business Services is responsible for providing second line operational risk and compliance oversight and enabling business management to optimise return on risk, preventing concentrations of risk and ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, with a focus on the supporting and assisting the AMP Business Services with the identification, assessment, monitoring and reporting of risk in their areas.
You will also provide support on activities such as:
- Be responsible for implementation of the AMP ERM frameworks across the AMP Business Services
- Develop and maintain key relationships to influence risk strategy for the AMP Business Services and its interaction to the business strategy
- Oversee, assist and monitor the effective operation of the ERM framework across the AMP Business Services, including coverage of risks, identification of key controls, incident management, development and reporting on Key Risk Indicators, capture, quantification and reporting of operational risk losses and scenario analysis
- Ensure risks are actively identified and managed by business owners with support from subject matter experts
- Provide independent expert advice on operational risk and compliance policies, procedures and matters that impact the business and customers
- Perform second line assurance across the first line risk and control self-assessment program
- Assist in the management of regulatory and legislative compliance across the AMP Business Services, compliance reporting and the assessment, monitoring and reporting of critical incidents
Capabilities & Experience
- Undergraduate degree in Commerce, Finance, Economics or Law
- 5+ years relevant experience and proven track record in a financial services risk management, compliance, internal / external audit or assurance role
- An understanding of the financial services industry, relevant regulators, and current and proposed financial services regulatory and legislative requirements in an insurance, superannuation, banking or asset management environment
- Experience coordinating and writing risk or audit reports and interacting with senior management and Board of Directors
- Management experience in a relevant operational role, or comprehensive knowledge of risk
- management frameworks, risk management and measurement methodologies, policies and
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective stakeholder relationships
- Experience in leadership in a team environment to deliver on key strategic and operational goals, and a track record in involvement with high performing teams in a project environment
- Proven ability to manage change effectively
Wellbeing & Benefits
As a company that values wellbeing, we offer a range of great benefits to support you financially, professionally, and personally. These include access to a wide range of flexible working options including the ability to purchase extra leave, retail discounts, onsite wellbeing centre including a gym (Sydney Office), Employee Assistance Program, competitive home loan rates, leading superannuation contribution, discounted financial advice and personal insurance.
Inclusion & Diversity
AMP recognises individual differences and welcomes people from a variety of life and work experiences. The diversity of our people is core to our ability to innovate, grow and to fulfil our collective aspiration of helping people to own their tomorrow. A natural curiosity, a respect for differences and a growth mindset are valued at AMP.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend