Senior Legal Counsel, Employment
- Your contribution is valued and appreciated
- We support our people, so they can make a real difference
- Diversity in the role, interesting work working with senior management and executives
Legal and Governance (L&G) forms part of the Group functions within AMP. The L&G team provides a comprehensive range of legal support services to all AMP business lines.
The Group Legal – Corporate & Governance team is responsible for providing legal services to various areas of the AMP Group (People & Culture, Finance, Treasury, M&A, Strategic Sourcing) as well as providing corporate governance services to the boards of AMP Limited and its subsidiaries
Its primary responsibility is to provide high quality independent legal and governance services that are timely, compliant, commercial, pragmatic and proactive and which enable better outcomes for customers and for AMP.
Purpose of the Role
In this role, you will be delivering key legal services relating to escalated and complex employment and industrial relations matters across AMP, including advising on the governance, risk, legislative and regulatory issues that arise in these matters.
Working collaboratively with our People & Culture (P&C) function and key operating business units you will share your expertise and provide commercially relevant employment and industrial relations legal advice, support and representation in high risk and complex matters. The nature of your work will cross the full gambit of employment related matters, including the following:
- supporting the implementation of AMP’s employee relations and industrial relations strategies that are consistent with business strategies and legislative/regulatory requirements
- working on complex employee management issues: employment related claims; employment litigation; contractual issues; and senior executive remuneration
- providing subject matter expertise in cross-functional projects such as transformation, mergers and acquisitions, divestments, restructures etc.
- advising on legal risks on the consequence management phase of investigations including whistleblowing matters, as required.
What we look for in you is:
- Legal degree or other appropriate legal qualifications - a current Practising Certificate is essential
- At least 7 years’ post admission experience in a medium/large firm and/or in-house including work on both advisory and contentious matters; technical knowledge of employment and industrial relations law is a must
- Demonstrated ability to provide commercially focused legal advice within an employment/industrial relations framework
- Ability to be agile and manage multiple high impact projects/matters in an environment where your opinion is sought and valued
- Experience in building and maintaining effective relationships with key business stakeholders, internal legal team and external panel law firms.
To be successful in this role you are a proactive, self-starter who demonstrates high initiative, and an entrepreneurial mindset (willingness to roll up sleeves, pitch in and get things done). You have superb interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to deal confidently with stakeholders and manage competing interests with success.
Your growth mindset, adaptability and flexibility will see you fit into our collaborative and caring team environment where you will have the opportunity to develop your career and expand on your knowledge.
Wellbeing & Benefits
As a company that values wellbeing, we offer a range of great benefits to support you financially, professionally and personally. These include access to a wide range of flexible working options including the ability to purchase extra leave, retail discounts, onsite wellbeing centre including a gym (Sydney Office), Employee Assistance Program, competitive home loan rates, leading superannuation contribution, discounted financial advice and personal insurance.
Inclusion & Diversity
AMP recognises individual differences and welcomes people from a variety of life and work experiences. The diversity of our people is core to our ability to innovate, grow and to fulfil our collective aspiration of helping people to own their tomorrow. A natural curiosity, a respect for differences and a growth mindset are valued at AMP.
If you require further information, please contact Milica Radomir on 02 92575036. Happy to discuss flexible arrangements to meet your current requirements.
Message to recruitment agencies and search firms
AMP does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies and search firms. Please do not email or send unsolicited resumes to any AMP employee, location or address. AMP is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.