Cyber Engineering Specialist
Job no: 615259
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Categories: Information Technology
Working for AMP
Working for AMP means being part of a company that values diverse thinking, encourages collaboration and promotes innovation. It’s an environment that offers challenging and exciting work as well as opportunities for professional growth. We’re flexible enough to allow you to make the most of your life, both professionally and personally.
We are looking for those that have the courage and agility to navigate changing and complex environments so that we can deliver the best solutions for our customers. We value people with integrity, an innate willingness to help others and an eagerness to perform to the best of their abilities.
We’re transforming our business, and we need people like you to join us on this journey.
About the role
The Cyber Engineering Specialist role is to work as part of a team responsible for engineering, implementing, integrating, maintaining and optimising cyber security and compliance solutions for the Group Tech, Cyber and Data Office. Additionally, the role will work closely with the Cyber Protective Services and Cyber Detection & Response functions to review, tune and improve detection mechanisms and improve the defensive posture of the organization. The role will work closely with MSSP, MSP and other AMP IT teams for fulfillment of the above objectives.
- Performing and/or providing guidance and oversight on management and upkeep of Cyber Security and compliance solutions.
- Incident detection Use Case development and fine tuning.
- Lead development of Threat Models that enumerate cybersecurity threats by attack surface.
- Lead Security Engineering analysis to predict and define problems, define/design actionable corrective measures, and operational implementation of cyber security platforms.
- Focus on automation opportunities and integration of cyber security tools and platforms.
- Capacity planning and optimization of cyber solutions.
- Continuously assess security systems and write comprehensive reports including assessment-based findings, outcomes and propositions for further system security enhancement.
Capabilities & Experience
- Experience in Cyber Security as a Security Engineer, Security Architect or Security Lead.
- Experience in IT with in-depth knowledge of ITIL processes and best practices.
- Experience with regulatory, compliance and information security management frameworks (e.g., IS027000, BASEL, NIST, etc.)
- Demonstrated practical experience in security technologies, architectures and frameworks.
- Experience with SIEM solutions such as Splunk Enterprise Security and/or Elastic Stack.
- Demonstrated experience in implementation and maintenance of different IT and Cyber related technologies including SIEM, EDR, CASB, WAF and Web Proxy.
- Demonstrated experience performing alert tuning, identification of false positives and rule development in SIEM working collaboratively across teams and IT disciplines.
- Tertiary qualifications in engineering, IT, or a related discipline.
Wellbeing & Benefits
As a company that values wellbeing, we offer a range of great benefits to support you financially, professionally and personally. These include access to a wide range of flexible working options including the ability to purchase extra leave, retail discounts, onsite wellbeing centre including a gym (Sydney Office), Employee Assistance Program, competitive home loan rates, leading superannuation contribution, discounted financial advice and personal insurance.
Inclusion & Diversity
AMP recognises individual differences and welcomes people from a variety of life and work experiences. The diversity of our people is core to our ability to innovate, grow and to fulfil our collective aspiration of helping people to own their tomorrow. A natural curiosity, a respect for differences and a growth mindset are valued at AMP.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend