AMP Capital is a global investment management business with a diversified asset class mix. As part of the AMP Group, we share a heritage that spans almost 170 years. Our home strength in Australia and New Zealand has enabled us to grow internationally, and today we have operations established in the Middle East, China, Hong Kong, India, Ireland, Japan, Luxembourg, the United Kingdom and the United States. We also collaborate with a network of global investment partners, leveraging our shared capabilities to provide greater access to new investment opportunities.
Our asset class specialists, investment strategists and economists work together with the aim of delivering strong investment outcomes for clients. That is why our clients trust us to invest over A$192.4 billion (as at 31 Dec 2020) on their behalf, across a range of single sector and diversified funds.
has a vision to be a world class product capability driving product decisions that deliver outstanding client outcomes, that are profitable and compliant.
The team’s key goals are to:
• Develop a best practice global product management capability, leading the market with contemporary, compliant and error free products
• Optimise our existing product portfolio, keeping them competitive, profitable and compelling to our target markets
• Commercialise and extend our investment capability to win clients and maximise profitability The team is responsible for product strategy, development and management of all AMP Capital products and separately managed accounts.
The team reports to the Global Head of Public Markets but provides services across all channels and investment teams regardless of domicile. This includes around 400 funds, 100 SMPs and 600 statutory fund sectors.
Purpose of the role
The Product Manager role is responsible for the delivery of product commercial, operational, risk and project services which support AMP Capital’s suite of global products.
• Manage across product and regulatory projects as required
• Providing support to the Global Head of Product, Senior Product Owner and Product Managers on product strategy, development initiatives, product management and projects as required
• Project manage completion of product reviews/audits (e.g. fit for purpose, post implementation reviews, annual operating check (including pricing) with a view to uncover issues and reduce the impact of errors
• Product project implementation including project analysis support, impact assessment, and project delivery roll out
• Providing technical Product SME, analysis and recommendations with an appreciation of MIS product structures, tax, pricing, operational and regulatory impact
• Review, refresh and implement policies/ processes to reduce operational risk
• Set up and run efficient product systems and processes
• Act as a subject matter expert in technical and regulatory change
• Ensuring all product collaterals and documents are current, relevant and compliant with legislation
• Undertaking or implementing post implementation reviews
• Ensuring issue and remediation activities are fully analysed and addressed swiftly
• 5 + years financial markets product management, development or structuring experience focusing on investment or wealth management
• Experience implementing continuous process improvement initiatives
• An understanding of technical aspects of products and structures
• Results orientated with a strong focus on continuous self-improvement and learning.
• Strong relationship and stakeholder management skills - ability to establish close working relationships with internal and external stakeholders and clients and knowledge of key stakeholder domains from front office through to back office (ie tax, legal, ops)