Working for AMP means being part of a company that values diverse thinking, encourages collaboration and promotes innovation. It’s an environment that offers challenging and exciting work as well as opportunities for professional growth. We’re flexible enough to allow you to make the most of your life, both professionally and personally.
We are looking for those that have the courage and agility to navigate changing and complex environments so that we can deliver the best solutions for our customers. We value people with integrity, an innate willingness to help others and an eagerness to perform to the best of their abilities.
About the role
The North Delivery team sits under the Technology Development department within the Technology Delivery function.
The Technology Delivery function is largely focused on supporting the AMP Business evolve and run by providing technology solutions across a range of Platforms (e.g. Product Administration Systems, Digital Platforms, Salesforce), servicing our Customers and Advisers through our Client Services teams, managing Data and Security, and delivering large scale programs of work focused on separation of the AMP Life business along with risk and remediation activities.
The North Delivery team provides full lifecycle management of the North platform which is one of the leading Wrap platforms in the Wealth market. The capability within the team is very diverse with specialised skillset and deep knowledge within the Wealth Industry. Roles within the team cover Strategic Planning, Business and Systems Analysis, Development, Architecture, Testing, and Production Support.
We work very closely with our business partners across the Client Services, Platform, Product, and other finance areas and have deep appreciation of how Technology plays a pivotal role in helping these partners achieve successful outcomes.
- Work with the Platform Development Manager(s) and broader Platform Technology Team to plan and deliver software change
- Liaise with business stakeholders and delegates to understand and clarify business objectives
- Support the development of business cases by producing estimates
- Work with peers at all stages of the SDLC to deliver high quality, fit for purpose technology solutions:
- Design solutions (considering functional and non-functional aspects)
- Produce and maintain relevant technical artefacts
- Peer review other designs
- Code and unit test solutions
- Investigate and resolve defects
- Support implementation planning activities
- Collaborate with the testing team to ensure both functional and non-functional areas are considered and tested through the QA process
- Build and foster effective relationships with Business and IT teams internally and externally
- Ensure best practice principles in software development are applied to solution development
Capabilities & Experience
- Proficient in the following technologies (C#, VB.net, ASP.net, SQL Server 2016 or higher, XML, HTML, Jscript, Visual Studio, and Microsoft Toolsets)
- Understanding of code versioning tools (GIT, TFS)
- Knowledge of API programming (RESTFUL preferred)
- Knowledge of automation testing platforms and unit tests
- Stakeholder management skills, ability to communicate clearly with both business and technical teams and be able to present to senior stakeholders
- Knowledge of .NET web framework (4.5.2)
- Experience creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Basic understanding of Common Language Runtime (CLR), its limitations, weaknesses, and workarounds
- Familiarity with Windows presentation and services frameworks
- Experience using JIRA/Confluence
- Experience across the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
Wellbeing & Benefits
As a company that values wellbeing, we offer a range of great benefits to support you financially, professionally and personally. These include access to a wide range of flexible working options including the ability to purchase extra leave, retail discounts, onsite wellbeing centre including a gym (Sydney Office), Employee Assistance Program, competitive home loan rates, leading superannuation contribution, discounted financial advice and personal insurance.
Inclusion & Diversity
AMP recognises individual differences and welcomes people from a variety of life and work experiences. The diversity of our people is core to our ability to innovate, grow and to fulfil our collective aspiration of helping people to own their tomorrow. A natural curiosity, a respect for differences and a growth mindset are valued at AMP.
Message to recruitment agencies and search firms
AMP does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies and search firms. Please do not email or send unsolicited resumes to any AMP employee, location or address. AMP is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.