Head of Intermediary Distribution and Governance
Job no: 615190
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Categories: Banking Specialisations
Working for AMP
Working for AMP means being part of a company that values diverse thinking, encourages collaboration and promotes innovation. It’s an environment that offers challenging and exciting work as well as opportunities for professional growth. We’re flexible enough to allow you to make the most of your life, both professionally and personally.
We are looking for those that have the courage and agility to navigate changing and complex environments so that we can deliver the best solutions for our customers. We value people with integrity, an innate willingness to help others and an eagerness to perform to the best of their abilities.
As a leader at AMP, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of our business. You will be expected to develop, engage and retain talented people, and foster an environment where people can realise their full potential.
About the role
This is a senior leadership role and will be part of the Bank Leadership team. AMP Bank is one of AMP’s growth engines and this is a critical role that will help lead the Bank towards its next stage of significant growth. The Head of Intermediary Distribution and Governance will manage the performance of the Bank distribution workforce (state managers / BDMs), ensuring achievement of annual application volume & value targets, productivity and quality outcomes. Additionally, this role will Manage the Bank’s relationships with Mortgage Aggregators and selected key brokers, and ensure effective governance & compliance of all distribution functions
- Member of the AMP Bank Leadership team
- Work closely with the General Manager of Home Lending, Head of Mortgage Product, Head of Lending Operations and Chief Product Owner as part of end to end team to deliver on the results of the Home Lending business within AMP Bank
- Development and execution of the Distribution Strategy;
- Ensure the Distribution footprint (capacity / capability & location) is aligned to the strategy
- Oversee the active management of distribution workforce to ensure volume & value targets are achieved as well as productivity and quality outcomes
- Oversee the continual uplift of distribution capability to drive significant growth in support of AMP Bank’s ambitions
- Represent AMP Bank at various industry bodies / events
- Actively manage AMP bank relationship with Aggregators, maximising two-way value exchange
- Implement and instil frameworks, governance disciplines and operational risk processes to enable increased efficiency and reduced risk across the distribution portfolio to enable a high performing environment;
Capabilities & Experience
- 10+ years relevant Banking leadership experience
- Demonstrated experience in leading distributed (ideally national) sales / distribution functions
- Demonstrated experience in leading high level B2B relationships (ie aggregators)
- Demonstratable experience in implementing regulatory and industry led change
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as with cross functional teams
Wellbeing & Benefits
As a company that values wellbeing, we offer a range of great benefits to support you financially, professionally and personally. These include access to a wide range of flexible working options including the ability to purchase extra leave, retail discounts, onsite wellbeing centre including a gym (Sydney Office), Employee Assistance Program, competitive home loan rates, leading superannuation contribution, discounted financial advice and personal insurance.
Inclusion & Diversity
AMP recognises individual differences and welcomes people from a variety of life and work experiences. The diversity of our people is core to our ability to innovate, grow and to fulfil our collective aspiration of helping people to own their tomorrow. A natural curiosity, a respect for differences and a growth mindset are valued at AMP.
Message to recruitment agencies and search firms
AMP does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies and search firms. Please do not email or send unsolicited resumes to any AMP employee, location or address. AMP is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend