Working for AMP
Working for AMP means being part of a company that values diverse thinking, encourages collaboration, and promotes innovation. It’s an environment that offers challenging and exciting work as well as opportunities for professional growth. We’re flexible enough to allow you to make the most of your life, both professionally and personally.
We are looking for those that have the courage and agility to navigate changing and complex environments so that we can deliver the best solutions for our customers. We value people with integrity, an innate willingness to help others and an eagerness to perform to the best of their abilities.
We’re transforming our business, and we need people like you to join us on this journey.
About the role
This role will report into the Senior Manager Enterprise Risk Management – Technology Risk Management. You will oversee, challenge and support the 1st line risk owners and risk champions within the Technology (including Cyber), Enterprise Data Services and Strategic Sourcing functions in their implementation and day-to-day operation of the risk management framework.
The role requires working closely with senior leaders within the technology and operations areas, the 1st line Risk Champions supporting Chief Technology Officer, as well as developing strong relationships with other areas of the 2nd line ERM team.
You will also provide support on operational risk activities such as:
- Challenge and review of the 1st line’s Risk Control Assessments
- Incident management and breach assessment
- Review and sample testing of control effectiveness
- Identification, mapping and management compliance obligations and associated controls
- Oversight and advice on the management of conflicts of interest
- Risk governance and independent 2nd line reporting
- Risk in change
- Ad hoc regulatory engagement (if required)
Capabilities & Experience
- 6+ years of relevant financial services experience in risk management, with a focus on operational risk and compliance for technology, enterprise data services and strategic sourcing functions.
- Undergraduate degree in Technology, Law, Business, Commerce, Economics, Finance or equivalent
- Understanding of technology development and maintenance, project management and agile delivery methods. Experience with cyber security, cloud outsourcing and IT auditing is favourable
- Understanding of the financial services industry, relevant regulators (e.g. ASIC and APRA), and current and proposed financial services regulatory and legislative requirements
- Experience in providing strategic risk advice and guidance, as well assisting in designing and implementing operational risk controls, conducting risk workshops and reporting risk to various stakeholder groups
- Knowledge and experience with superannuation and or general financial services compliance is favourable
Wellbeing & Benefits
As a company that values wellbeing, we offer a range of great benefits to support you financially, professionally, and personally. These include access to a wide range of flexible working options including the ability to purchase extra leave, retail discounts, onsite wellbeing centre including a gym (Sydney Office), Employee Assistance Program, competitive home loan rates, leading superannuation contribution, discounted financial advice and personal insurance.
Inclusion & Diversity
AMP recognises individual differences and welcomes people from a variety of life and work experiences. The diversity of our people is core to our ability to innovate, grow and to fulfil our collective aspiration of helping people to own their tomorrow. A natural curiosity, a respect for differences and a growth mindset are valued at AMP.
Message to recruitment agencies and search firms
AMP does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies and search firms. Please do not email or send unsolicited resumes to any AMP employee, location, or address. AMP is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.