File Review and Assessment Officer
Job no: 614860
Work type: Fixed term - full time
Location: Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide
Categories: Banking Specialisations
Working for AMP
Working for AMP means being part of a company that values diverse thinking, encourages collaboration and promotes innovation. It’s an environment that offers challenging and exciting work as well as opportunities for professional growth. We’re flexible enough to allow you to make the most of your life, both professionally and personally.
We are looking for those that have the courage and agility to navigate changing and complex environments so that we can deliver the best solutions for our customers. We value people with integrity, an innate willingness to help others and an eagerness to perform to the best of their abilities.
About the role
The purpose of the Advice Remediation team is to assess whether clients have been negatively impacted by inappropriate advice received from an AMP financial adviser. If it is determined that the client has incurred a financial loss as a result of the advice or services provided, compensation may be provided to put the client back into the financial position they should have been in, had the advice been appropriate. Purpose of the role This role has a strong customer focus and involves reviewing customer advice provided by AMP Advisers, to assess its quality and appropriateness against the needs of the customer.
This role is responsible for the implementation of a customer remediation program, ensuring quality, consistent and fair remediation standards apply for all customers in line with the program principles.
- Strong customer orientation
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Sound knowledge of relevant legislation and regulatory obligations relating to Financial Services
- Advanced project management capability along with the ability to prioritise and manage conflicting demands simultaneously
- Well-developed problem-solving skills and the ability to make informed decisions quickly
- Persuasive and adaptive negotiating and influencing skills
- Confidence in dealing with business executives
- Demonstrated time management skills with an ability to prioritise and complete work to deadlines
Capabilities & Experience
- Five years’ experience in an advice role e.g. paraplanner, financial planner or compliance.
- Experience in compensation calculations for remediation is desirable
- Experience in managing relationships with licensees and financial planners and understanding their needs
- Demonstrated project management skills and attention to detail
- Superior personal interaction skills to manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to set goals and prioritise work and/or projects to meet deadlines
- Proven experience in making decisions that improve the adviser and client experience whilst minimising risk to the Licensee
- Tertiary qualifications in related legal, economics, financial planning or business discipline preferred
- Minimum, Advanced Diploma in Financial Services or equivalent
Please include a cover letter in your application.
Wellbeing & Benefits
As a company that values wellbeing, we offer a range of great benefits to support you financially, professionally and personally. These include access to a wide range of flexible working options including the ability to purchase extra leave, retail discounts, onsite wellbeing centre including a gym (Sydney Office), Employee Assistance Program, competitive home loan rates, leading superannuation contribution, discounted financial advice and personal insurance.
Inclusion & Diversity
AMP recognises individual differences and welcomes people from a variety of life and work experiences. The diversity of our people is core to our ability to innovate, grow and to fulfil our collective aspiration of helping people to own their tomorrow. A natural curiosity, a respect for differences and a growth mindset are valued at AMP
Message to recruitment agencies and search firms
AMP does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies and search firms. Please do not email or send unsolicited resumes to any AMP employee, location or address. AMP is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend