Senior Tax Manager / Manager
Job no: 614809
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Categories: Accounting & Finance
Senior Tax Manager – Tax Manager
About the Role
Reporting to the Head of Tax, AMP Australia your main responsible will be the delivery of the tax compliance and reporting requirements for AMP Australia’s superannuation funds, including execution of process improvement projects. You will also be assisting the Head of Tax in providing tax technical advice to the business.
As a key member of our Wealth tax compliance and reporting team you will produce accurate and timely tax accounting calculations and monthly, half-yearly and full year reporting.
Depending on the level of experience this role can either be Senior Tax Manager or Tax Manager.
More specifically your responsibilities will be including but not limited to:
- Produce accurate and timely income tax calculations, including co-ordination and review of Fund tax returns.
- Timely calculation and payment of PAYG Instalment Income.
- Provide guidance and support when required to other members of the Tax team
- Establish and maintain relationships with key business partners.
- Take a lead role in tax process improvement and automation projects.
Together with your exceptional commercial acumen and superannuation industry knowledge what we also look for in you:
- Degree Qualified – Major in Accounting - Qualified CA / CPA (or equivalent)
- Ideally at least 5 years relevant experience - Taxation of superannuation funds expertise
- Exceptional communication skills (written, verbal and listening) with an ability to communicate complex and/or financial issues in everyday language.
- Excellent customer service with a demonstrated ability in managing stakeholders and developing relationships with people at all levels of the organisation
- Demonstrated analytical / problem solving ability with excellent attention to detail
- Ability in identifying process weaknesses and implement change and process improvement.
To be successful in this role you will be results focused, analytical problem solver and decision maker. Your excellent priority and time management skills will see you fit into our collaborative team environment where you will have the opportunity to develop your career and expand on your knowledge.
If you would like further information or to obtain a Job Description please call Milica Radomir on 02 9257 5036
Wellbeing & Benefits
As a company that values wellbeing, we offer a range of great benefits to support you financially, professionally and personally. These include access to a wide range of flexible working options including the ability to purchase extra leave, retail discounts, Employee Assistance Program, competitive home loan rates, leading superannuation contribution, discounted financial advice and personal insurance.
Inclusion & Diversity
AMP recognises individual differences and welcomes people from a variety of life and work experiences. The diversity of our people is core to our ability to innovate, grow and to fulfil our collective aspiration of helping people to own their tomorrow. A natural curiosity, a respect for differences and a growth mindset are valued at AMP.
If you require further information, please contact Milica Radomir on 02 92575036. Happy to discuss flexible arrangements to meet your current requirements.
Message to recruitment agencies and search firms
AMP does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies and search firms. Please do not email or send unsolicited resumes to any AMP employee, location or address. AMP is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend