• Join an ASX-listed wealth management organisation
• Be part of an innovative and transformative business
• Thrive within a supportive, inclusive, and collaborative team
• Enjoy flexible working arrangements and great benefits
Working for AMP
Working for AMP means being part of a company that values diverse thinking, encourages collaboration, and promotes innovation. AMP is one of Australia’s leading wealth management organisations and in undertaking a rapid and exciting transformation. It’s an environment that offers challenging and exciting work as well as opportunities for professional growth. So, we will back you in the development of your career, with internal progression opportunities and flexible working conditions.
We are looking for progressive minds who are driven and forward-thinking. This person may be a senior risk professional or a person looking to make the move out of superannuation audit/consulting, or from within a Wealth management business. You will be proficient in both verbal and written communication and be able to develop and maintain trusted relationships with senior stakeholders across AMP Australia.
Our organisation is focused on creating a diverse and dynamic environment that embraces and values differences. We value the variety of unique experiences and skills our people possess, and we share and learn from each other.
About the role
Reporting to the Head of Risk & Control, SR&P you will primarily be responsible for supporting the business by understanding and advising on applicable obligations, risks and controls and ultimately driving transformation and growth across the Wealth division.
- Play a key role in driving risk awareness and culture across AMP Australia and support the business make informed risk-based decisions.
- Being a highly visible business facing role, you are responsible for building strong relationships with key stakeholders to embed the risk management framework.
- Provide risk expertise to the business in relation to the identification, assessment, and actioning of risk issues to drive a strong risk culture that helps achieve business objectives.
- Challenge and review the design and operational effectiveness of key controls to minimise risk exposures and make recommendations to the business where uplift to the control environment is required.
- Review existing processes and support the implementation of process and control improvements to ensure business effectiveness and efficiency regarding managing risk and compliance.
- Define, analyse, and report on the Superannuation, Retirement & Platforms risk profile and relevant Risk Appetite Statement.
- Responsible for supporting several transformation programs across AMPA, including a risk transformation program and a significant regulatory response project. Provide project teams with a strong risk management framework and guide project managers to ensure initiatives are manages within risk appetite.
- Advise the business on compliance with policies and procedures relevant to risk and governance that support the delivery of strategic objectives and regulatory requirements.
- Analyse trends, diagnose problems and issues, and then recommend actions dealing with underlying root causes.
- Constructively challenge the business on their risk management measures and influence business priorities and outcomes.
- Driving the implementation of risk management solutions whilst balancing with a pragmatic commercial approach.
- Build and understanding of our products, share knowledge and be able to draw on subject matter experts accordingly.
- Work with Centre of Excellence teams to ensure regulatory and compliance obligations are met and reporting and governance activities are delivered in an effective and timely manner.
- Provide insights and reporting for risk committees and board risk committees.
Capabilities & Experience
- 7 years + relevant experience and a proven track record in risk management, providing risk advice as well assisting in designing and implementing operational risk controls, controls testing and reporting
- Strong understanding and experience within financial services industry and current and proposed financial services regulatory and legislative requirements
- Experience working on projects to deliver key business outcome
- Proven ability to understand operational and compliance risks inherent or emerging in a business area, to assess the level of risk, and to develop and execute plans to mitigate risk
- Demonstrated experience in establishing and maintaining effective stakeholder relationships at a range of levels
- Proven customer service orientation
- Proven ability to manage change effectively
- Previous experience in operating in a 3LOD environment would be highly desirable
- Proven ability to effectively partner with the business and provide advice on management of key risks across the business
- Ability to effectively negotiate, influence and engage a broad range of stakeholders
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, to inform or influence specific audiences
- Sound organisational planning and implementation skills and demonstrated ability to apply them in rapidly changing business environment
- Ability to implement, monitor and report on risk management and compliance frameworks, risks, and incidents across multiple businesses
- Pro-active in your approach to your work, anticipating issues before they occur
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to think laterally and strategically
Wellbeing & Benefits
As a company that values wellbeing, we offer a range of great benefits to support you financially, professionally, and personally. These include access to a wide range of flexible working options including the ability to purchase extra leave, retail discounts, onsite wellbeing centre including a gym (Sydney Office), Employee Assistance Program, competitive home loan rates, leading superannuation contribution, discounted financial advice and personal insurance.
Inclusion & Diversity
AMP recognises individual differences and welcomes people from a variety of life and work experiences. The diversity of our people is core to our ability to innovate, grow and to fulfil our collective aspiration of helping people to own their tomorrow. A natural curiosity, a respect for differences and a growth mindset are valued at AMP.
Message to recruitment agencies and search firms
AMP does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies and search firms. Please do not email or send unsolicited resumes to any AMP employee, location, or address. AMP is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.