AMP Capital is a specialist investment manager with offices in Australia, New Zealand, Japan, China, Hong Kong, Singapore, India, London, Chicago, New York, California, Ireland and the Middle East. We are a leading global real estate and infrastructure manager and the combination of our scale, breadth and capability provides access to superior investment opportunities for our clients.
We also collaborate with a network of global investment partners, leveraging our shared capabilities to provide greater access to new investment opportunities.
Our asset class specialists, investment strategists and economists work together with the aim of delivering strong investment outcomes for clients. That is why our clients trust us to invest over A$187 billion (as at 30 Dec 20) on their behalf, across a range of single sector and diversified funds.
Purpose of the role:
The primary purpose of this role is managing all operational aspects of Private Equity middle office processes including accounting and reporting of alternative investments and products, investment performance reporting, performance fee calculations, hedge management, statutory reporting, asset valuations, compliance, product development, distributions and taxation requirements.
What the role entails:
- Review the management and performance fee calculations
- Prepare yearly tax distribution for all the Private Equity trusts, liaise with custodians for a seamless year-end distribution process.
- Manage the liquidity and cash flows of the Private Equity funds
- Fulfil the accounting, taxation, compliance, unit pricing requirements of the Private Equity domestic and international investments;
- Performance reporting of Private Equity funds.
- Calculate half-yearly valuation for all the Private Equity funds.
- Provide support to the front office on ad-hoc queries and projects, for e.g. opening a new fund etc.
- Ensure all the NAV’s are correctly reflected.
- Liaise with internal Legal team to execute document related to Private Equity funds.
- Ensure complete understanding and adherence to mandate and regulatory requirements
- Bachelors in commerce, finance, accounting or similar qualification
- CA / CPA is desirable, though not essential
- Knowledge of performance fee calculation, IRR, Fee rebate
- At least two years' experience in accounting, with exposure to Private Equity
- Strong analytical and problem solving ability
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills
- Knowledge of Tax compontents (ROC, gain etc)