Working for AMP means being part of a company that values diverse thinking, encourages collaboration and promotes innovation. It’s an environment that offers challenging and exciting work as well as opportunities for professional growth. We’re flexible enough to allow you to make the most of your life, both professionally and personally.
We are looking for those that have the courage and agility to navigate changing and complex environments so that we can deliver the best solutions for our customers. We value people with integrity, an innate willingness to help others and an eagerness to perform to the best of their abilities.
About the role
The purpose of the Platform Architect role is to provide strategic level technical leadership in the design of new Digital solutions or enhancements to existing Digital solutions at AMP, ensuring alignment of solution designs, with platform strategic direction and architectural principles, and providing mentorship and support to the Digital technical delivery and support teams.
- Provide strategic level technical leadership in the design of new Digital solutions or enhancements to existing Digital solutions at AMP
- Manage key relationships with the business, Internal IT teams , especially Enterprise Architecture and third party vendors
- Support Domain and Solution Architects in development of architectural designs that touch Digital solutions including evaluation, selection and integration of necessary technical components
- Communicate critical technical choices, specify (and mitigate) risks and constraints for design and implementation, scope the level of architectural effort, assess team strength and keep activities in sync with practical delivery & business value.
- Drive the Digital & Customer technology strategy aligned with the business outcomes for all platforms
Capabilities & Experience
- Extensive experience in a technology leadership role within the IT area of a large organisation, preferably within Digital Technology
- A proven leader with the ability to support and mentor others
- Strong understanding of the software development life cycle, and DevOps practices and tools
- Strong senior stakeholder management experience
- Knowledge of current IT technologies, best practice and trends and the application of these technologies
Wellbeing & Benefits
As a company that values wellbeing, we offer a range of great benefits to support you financially, professionally and personally. These include access to a wide range of flexible working options including the ability to purchase extra leave, retail discounts, onsite wellbeing centre including a gym (Sydney Office), Employee Assistance Program, competitive home loan rates, leading superannuation contribution, discounted financial advice and personal insurance.
Inclusion & Diversity
AMP recognises individual differences and welcomes people from a variety of life and work experiences. The diversity of our people is core to our ability to innovate, grow and to fulfil our collective aspiration of helping people to own their tomorrow. A natural curiosity, a respect for differences and a growth mindset are valued at AMP.