AMP Capital is a global investment management business and is with a diversified asset class mix. As part of the AMP Group, we share a heritage that spans over 160 years.
Our home strength in Australia and New Zealand has enabled us to grow internationally, and today we have operations established in the Middle East, China, Hong Kong, India, Ireland, Japan, Luxembourg, the United Kingdom and the United States. We also collaborate with a network of global investment partners, leveraging our shared capabilities to provide greater access to new investment opportunities.
Our asset class specialists, investment strategists and economists work together with the aim of delivering strong investment outcomes for clients. That is why our clients trust us to invest over A$200 billion (as at 31 Dec 2019) on their behalf, across a range of single sector and diversified funds.
AMP Capital Real Estate
AMP Capital is one of the largest direct real estate fund managers in the Asia-Pacific region with more than A$28 billion* in assets under management on behalf of institutional and retail investors. We are also one of the most experienced, with our heritage in real estate investment spanning over 50 years.
Purpose of the role:
To deliver exceptional real estate experiences to AMP Capital real estate customers, championing the delivery of the Customer Promise and Presentation Standards for the asset, while supporting our customers in their success.
What the role entails:
- Demonstrate energy, effort and enthusiasm leading and supporting the administration team; encouraging and support a culture of knowledge sharing and industry leading best practice.
- Set an example for high performance and high standards of behaviour.
- Identifying, creating and exploiting opportunities to improve processes, create efficiencies and being a positive advocate for change.
- Maintain collaborative working relationship with centre staff and HO based support teams.
- Ensure business goals and KPIs are communicated and understood by the Administration team.
- Actively demonstrate implementation of the AMP Capital Cultural Charter.
- Support centre teams, senior leadership team with meeting debt KPIs.
- Processing of COVID rent relief including account reconciliations.
- Support various project deliveries
- Ad hoc duties
- Knowledge of retail leases
- Accounts Receivable experience
- Background in property and/or the JD Edwards Property Management system would be well regarded.
- Negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Attention to detail.
- The ability to liaise with people at all levels and build effective relationships.
- The ability to work under pressure, to plan and to meet deadlines.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Highly developed communication skills (written and oral).
Recruitment agencies: please note that we are not seeking assistance on this role. Should we require assistance we may reach out to our network of preferred agency partners once this ad has expired. Be aware that you are not considered engaged on a role until it has been released by Talent Acquisition through our agency portal. We do not pay recruitment fees on candidate profiles/resumes introduced
Please note the majority of teams at AMP are taking a break over the Christmas and New Year period and, if you apply for this role, you can expect to hear from a member of the talent team with an update on your application during the week starting 11th January 2021