Workplace Relations Specialist
Job no: 614171
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Categories: Human Resources
Specialist Workplace Relations
About the role
The Workplace Relations Specialist role is responsible for end to end management of complex and escalated people matters, including all People & Culture (P&C) grievance/complaint investigations.
The role acts as a subject matter expert on projects requiring complex and technical workplace relations advice, including the management and embedding of changes to employment laws, industrial instruments and regulatory requirements.
More specifically your responsible will included but not limited to:
- Provide expert workplace relations advice, guidance and end-to-end case management on all complex people matters referred from Group Integrity Office, Employment Legal and escalation from within P&C.
- Work with the Employment Legal team (and other stakeholders as appropriate) to manage external claims and other litigated people matters.
- Provide advice and guidance to leaders and P&C on all workplace relations matters, including policy, industrial instruments, employment laws/regulations and case management support.
- Support business leaders and P&C with the aim of improving leadership performance, team performance and business results as well as achieving cultural objectives and other organisational priorities.
- Support the formulation or renewal, negotiation and implementation of relevant policies and industrial instruments such as legislative obligations, employee engagement and productivity.
- Become the subject matter expert on your portfolio of workplace relations accountabilities for example, case management reporting, employment contract management, policy management, accountabilities and consequence management
What we look for in you is:
- Bachelor's degree in human resource management, law, business or related disciplines required
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ workplace relations or employment law experience gained within the financial sector or similar professional services or corporate environments desirable
- Thorough knowledge of relevant workplace relations legislation, regulations, policies and procedures
- Superb workplace investigation skills, with ability to effectively and efficiently manage end-to-end investigation process.
To be successful in this role you will be an exceptional relationship builder, collaborator, excellent communicator with outstanding written skills. You will possess brilliant negotiation skills, be a complex problem solver and manage multiple priorities and/or projects.
If you required further information on this role please contact Milica Radomir on 02 9257 5036
Wellbeing & Benefits
As a company that values wellbeing, we offer a range of great benefits to support you financially, professionally and personally. These include access to a wide range of flexible working options including the ability to purchase extra leave, retail discounts, onsite wellbeing centre including a gym (Sydney Office), Employee Assistance Program, competitive home loan rates, leading superannuation contribution, discounted financial advice and personal insurance.
Inclusion & Diversity
AMP recognises individual differences and welcomes people from a variety of life and work experiences. The diversity of our people is core to our ability to innovate, grow and to fulfil our collective aspiration of helping people to own their tomorrow. A natural curiosity, a respect for differences and a growth mindset are valued at AMP.
If you require further information, please contact Milica Radomir on 02 92575036. Happy to discuss flexible arrangements to meet your current requirements.
Message to recruitment agencies and search firms
AMP does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies and search firms. Please do not email or send unsolicited resumes to any AMP employee, location or address. AMP is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend