AMP Capital is a global investment management business and is with a diversified asset class mix. As part of the AMP Group, we share a heritage that spans over 160 years.
Our home strength in Australia and New Zealand has enabled us to grow internationally, and today we have operations established in the Middle East, China, Hong Kong, India, Ireland, Japan, Luxembourg, the United Kingdom and the United States. We also collaborate with a network of global investment partners, leveraging our shared capabilities to provide greater access to new investment opportunities.
Our asset class specialists, investment strategists and economists work together with the aim of delivering strong investment outcomes for clients. That is why our clients trust us to invest over A$200 billion (as at 31 Dec 2019) on their behalf, across a range of single sector and diversified funds.
AMP Capital Real Estate
AMP Capital is one of the largest direct real estate fund managers in the Asia-Pacific region with more than A$28 billion* in assets under management on behalf of institutional and retail investors. We are also one of the most experienced, with our heritage in real estate investment spanning over 50 years.
Purpose of the role
A National Operations Centre (NOC) capability is fundamental to supporting Asset Technologies moving forward, enabling AMPC managed assets to continually benefit from the strategic adoption of technology.
The Asset Technology Engineer will be a support role within the NOC, assisting the lead Building Optimisation Manager in supporting Retail, Office & Logistics asset teams with the adoption of core initiatives, inclusive of the:-
1. Portfolio wide Smart Building Platform, with an initial remit for coordinating the management of HVAC fault detection diagnostics
2. Portfolio wide Autonomous HVAC controls
The role will include pre-delivery solution development support, facilitating emerging technology pilots and delivery execution support for asset operations and facility management teams.
Future initiatives will include operational technology systems & IoT integrations and expanding the smart building technology eco-system functionality to meet strategically identified use case outcomes. Ultimately enabling data-driven decision making to optimise operational costs, enhance customer experience and create value for investors
What the role entails:
- Business support for portfolio initiatives to deliver outcomes and projected return on investments (ROI)
- Support the Measurement & Verification (M&V) process of Autonomous HVAC control savings & fees
- Work collaboratively with Asset Technology and Property Management teams to develop and execute projects which align with AMP Capital’s Asset Technology strategy.
- Ownership of managing the HVAC FDD adoption and related engineering managed services
- Business intelligence informing data driven decision making
- Asset support for:-
- Issue management & resolution
- Progressing data-driven optimisation events
- Sustaining cyber security compliance and policy adoption with asset teams and vendors
- Holds a relevant Engineering degree
- Foundational experience working with smart building technologies
- Project Management experience across the built environment.
- Knowledge of cyber security and data networking principles and architecture, as it relates to real estate assets.
- Excellent communication skills, business and technical.
- Have a genuine passion for the role that technology and innovation plays in redefining real estate experiences.
- Has a passion for learning and a growth mindset to advance knowledge in the rapidly evolving technology space
- Outcomes focused and able to cut through complexity.
Recruitment agencies: please note that we are not seeking assistance on this role. Should we require assistance we may reach out to our network of preferred agency partners once this ad has expired. Be aware that you are not considered engaged on a role until it has been released by Talent Acquisition through our agency portal. We do not pay recruitment fees on candidate profiles/resumes introduced through any other method.