Business Development Manager
Job no: 613953
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Categories: Banking Specialisations
Working for AMP
Working for AMP means being part of a company that values diverse thinking, encourages collaboration, and promotes innovation. It’s an environment that offers challenging and exciting work as well as opportunities for professional growth. We’re flexible enough to allow you to make the most of your life, both professionally and personally. As such, we are interested in hearing from applicants who are currently seeking part time opportunities. Please speak to us about how we can accommodate your own flexible employment arrangement.
We are looking for those that have the courage and agility to navigate changing and complex environments so that we can deliver the best solutions for our customers. We value people with integrity, an innate willingness to help others and an eagerness to perform to the best of their abilities.
We’re transforming our business, and we need people like you to join us on this journey.
About the role
- Execute product and marketing initiatives to maximise new business opportunities and customer retention.
- Develop and maintain a forecasted pipeline of new business opportunity to achieve targets
- Engage, qualify, on-board and grow revenue from key partner advice businesses
- Protect and maximise embedded value including funds under administration, investment share of wallet and customer numbers
- Develop a disciplined approach to business planning and execution across a segmented panel of advisers to deliver your key financial accountabilities
- Lead the sales effort on your panel and achieve financial goals through developing strong adviser relationships and an understanding of their business objectives
- Develop new business leads and progress opportunities from existing and new adviser relationships
- Align sales activities to the agreed focus areas for AMP Wealth Management
- Maintain comprehensive, accurate, and timely records of adviser relationship activities using appropriate systems
- Provide AMP product and system support to advisers to ensure efficiency, effectiveness and customer satisfaction.
Capabilities & Experience
- 5 years’ experience in financial service industry (or related industry)
- Previous sales role in Financial Services highly desirable
- Ability to judge market opportunities and AMP’s competitiveness in those sectors
- Evidence of adaptation to a rapidly changing environment
- A strong understanding of the Financial Planning market including compliance
- Proven track record in effectively resolving difficult or complex customer expectations
- RG146 (previously PS146) compliant
Wellbeing & Benefits
As a company that values wellbeing, we offer a range of great benefits to support you financially, professionally and personally. These include access to a wide range of flexible working options including the ability to purchase extra leave, retail discounts, onsite wellbeing centre including a gym (Sydney Office), Employee Assistance Program, competitive home loan rates, leading superannuation contribution, discounted financial advice and personal insurance.
Inclusion & Diversity
AMP recognises individual differences and welcomes people from a variety of life and work experiences. The diversity of our people is core to our ability to innovate, grow and to fulfil our collective aspiration of helping people to own their tomorrow. A natural curiosity, a respect for differences and a growth mindset are valued at AMP.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend