Product Manager - Insurance Proposition Team
Job no: 613884
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Categories: Marketing & Communications
Working for AMP
Working for AMP means being part of a company that values diverse thinking, encourages collaboration and promotes innovation. It’s an environment that offers challenging and exciting work as well as opportunities for professional growth. We’re flexible enough to allow you to make the most of your life, both professionally and personally. As such, we are interested in hearing from applicants who are currently seeking part time opportunities. Please speak to us about how we can accommodate your own flexible employment arrangement.
We are looking for those that have the courage and agility to navigate changing and complex environments so that we can deliver the best solutions for our customers. We value people with integrity, an innate willingness to help others and an eagerness to perform to the best of their abilities.
We’re transforming our business, and we need people like you to join us on this journey.
About the role
The purpose of the role is to –
- Support the day to day product management activities within the Insurance business line.
- Providing support to the Product Management, Regulatory and Operations team in relation to strategic projects and risk management activities.
- Support the management and development of the insurance offer so that it remains contemporary, compliant and relevant for the target markets.
- Represent the Insurance product team on leading and driving Insurance changes that align to the simplification of our insurance products and Legislative change programs
- Work with our internal and external business stakeholders to achieve the Insurance product team’s business deliverables
Assist the Insurance Proposition team with the following product insurance day to day activities:
- Support with the review of insurance enquiries, complaints and insurance survey’s responses.
- Support insurance team on insurance redesign activities and insurance quotes
- Oversight insurance competitor analysis and insights
- Maintain the existing insurance product set to legal, industry and competitor standards, including initiating and project managing product enhancements as required.
- Ensure the insurance offerings with the various products are managed within the Risk Management Framework and all incidents identified are rectified within the appropriate timeframes and process.
- Assist with the review and preparations of all legally required materials such as Product Disclosure Statements, Annual Reports or any other product member documents e.g. Annual Statements, Investment Guide Fact Sheets, Significant Event Notices.
- Support Product Management as SME on insurance related regulatory change and growth initiatives as required.
- Managed and respond workplace insurance tender request – supporting our workplace sales teams on new business and re-tender quotes working with the sales insurance partnership manager to engage with our insurance partners.
- Support the insurance product team with raising and remediation activities of incidents and breaches
- Assist with preparation of any relevant Management and/or Board Papers and Reports.
Capabilities & Experience
- 5+ years experience within insurance product management or related field
- Strong understanding of the operation of insurance within the superannuation environment;
- Strong understanding of insurance markets, competitors and the legislative and compliance environment, particularly the superannuation insurance market;
- Good product technical knowledge, including understanding of interaction of product terms and conditions in managing overall insurance risk
- Strong interpersonal skills, situational awareness and emotional intelligence with a natural ability to appropriately adapt their personal and leadership styles through this to maximise influence of situations.
- Solid analytical skills and ability to develop, document and implement robust processes
- Plans and acts with the customer front of mind by looking for efficient and agile ways to deliver for the customer
Wellbeing & Benefits
As a company that values wellbeing, we offer a range of great benefits to support you financially, professionally and personally. These include access to a wide range of flexible working options including the ability to purchase extra leave, retail discounts, onsite wellbeing centre including a gym (Sydney Office), Employee Assistance Program, competitive home loan rates, leading superannuation contribution, discounted financial advice and personal insurance.
Inclusion & Diversity
AMP recognises individual differences and welcomes people from a variety of life and work experiences. The diversity of our people is core to our ability to innovate, grow and to fulfil our collective aspiration of helping people to own their tomorrow. A natural curiosity, a respect for differences and a growth mindset are valued at AMP.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend