Working for AMP means being part of a company that values diverse thinking, encourages collaboration and promotes innovation. It’s an environment that offers challenging and exciting work as well as opportunities for professional growth. We’re flexible enough to allow you to make the most of your life, both professionally and personally.
We are looking for those that have the courage and agility to navigate changing and complex environments so that we can deliver the best solutions for our customers. We value people with integrity, an innate willingness to help others and an eagerness to perform to the best of their abilities.
About the team and role
The Advice COO function is responsible for middle and back office Advice functions, servicing both the aligned and employed network of face to face and phone-based advisers.
The Advice Data and Analytics (DR&A) team is responsible for driving and enabling the Advice business through the provision of innovative data and analytics solutions. This is a newly formed team within the Advice COO.
As an experienced Data Scientist, you are well versed in advanced statistical analysis, data mining, and data visualisation techniques, to create solutions that enable enhanced decision making and business performance.
The purpose of the Data Scientist is to combine data, computational science, and technology with Advice business knowledge, to drive high-value insights into the business and use your first-class storytelling skills to powerfully communicate the key insights to the broader Advice business. As a part of the Data Reporting and Analytics team, you collaboratively work with Business Partners to leverage their business knowledge to understand the business problems and key decisions to be solved through insightful analytics. You will use the data science toolkit to identify trends, patterns and insights from raw data and extract meaning from data, uncover insights and identify opportunities to inform business decision making.
- Collect, gather, visualise and analyse information to create insights through analytical models and reports
- Acquire additional information to resolve specific business issues and inform decisions
- Create insights from data and communicate these effectively to stakeholders and consumers of these
- Effectively record, manage and store information and data for future reference and reporting
- Automate information delivery to processes and people so that decision making is sped up and action can be taken with certainty, at a lower cost
- Build a fact-driven analytics culture to drive streamlined execution of business processes
Capabilities & Experience
- Proficiency in data science toolsets (AWS Redshift SQL, Hadoop, R, Python etc.) and algorithms (regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modelling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc.) to create analytical assets and monitor these for ongoing accuracy
- Proficiency across data environments and tools such as AWS (S3, Redshift etc.), SQL and Power BI to develop data insights
- Sound problem solving skills - ability to analyse and understand complex data problems and determine appropriate solutions
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to collect, organise, analyse and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy to provide business relevant insights
- Ability to engage and workshop with diverse Business and IT stakeholders to deliver Data and Analytic solutions
- Strong consultative skills, with a proven ability to work well with others and communicate effectively and clearly.
Wellbeing & Benefits
As a company that values wellbeing, we offer a range of great benefits to support you financially, professionally and personally. These include access to a wide range of flexible working options including the ability to purchase extra leave, retail discounts, onsite wellbeing centre including a gym (Sydney Office), Employee Assistance Program, competitive home loan rates, leading superannuation contribution, discounted financial advice and personal insurance.
Inclusion & Diversity
AMP recognises individual differences and welcomes people from a variety of life and work experiences. The diversity of our people is core to our ability to innovate, grow and to fulfil our collective aspiration of helping people to own their tomorrow. A natural curiosity, a respect for differences and a growth mindset are valued at AMP.
Message to recruitment agencies and search firms
AMP does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies and search firms. Please do not email or send unsolicited resumes to any AMP employee, location or address. AMP is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.