Treasury - Senior Accountant
Job no: 613339
Work type: Fixed term - full time
Categories: Accounting & Finance
Senior Treasury Accountant - 6 Month Fixed Term Contract
Calling on all accountants and a big four first movers with a sound understanding of accounting for Debt securities. We are looking for a highly motivated individual looking for a new challenge to join us and will take part if Finance’s efforts towards rolling out a new treasury System for AMP Group
Purpose of the Role
The aim of this role is to provide Financial Accounting and Financial Control support to the Corporate Bank and Treasury entities of AMP. The primary focus of the role is to manage the general ledger, reporting and analysis for these entities.
Your main responsible will include but not limited to:
- Ensure the integrity of the general ledger data primarily from Treasury Sub- Systems FIS “Quantum”.
- Research and document all accounting relating to the Implementation and the utilisation of Quantum by Finance.
- Act as a key subject matter expert for Finance in relation to the Mapping and the accounting of all securities held and maintained in Quantum.
- Ensure issues are communicated and agreed within AMP Finance, the business and external auditors.
- Providing technical support on key projects proposed by business executives and / or AMP Finance.
With your Degree Qualified – Major in Accounting and your excellent communications skills what we also look for in you:
- Fully Qualified CA / CPA (or equivalent)
- Ideally at least 5 years accounting experience in Financial Services, Bank and Treasury environment.
- Excellent financial accounting experience including understanding of accounting standards and accounting principles applicable to Bank and Treasury related Investments (Debt securities).
- Experience in accounting for Treasury related securities like Foreign Currency Bonds, Foreign currency MTNS and cross currency Swaps.
- Experience in using Treasury systems and mapping it to general ledgers (FIS Quantum desirable).
- Experience in report production, analysis of reports and providing commentary to senior management
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience in process/project implementation and the ability to meet deadlines and priorities
- Experience in working with ledgers, data warehouses, management information systems and report production
- Excellent analytical, numeric skills and problem-solving skills. with excellent quality focus
- Ability to review reasonableness of numeric outputs and apply judgment.
A working knowledge of Word, Powerpoint, Essbase, nVision, Peoplesoft and Business Objects would be well regarded.
Wellbeing & Benefits
As a company that values wellbeing, we offer a range of great benefits to support you financially, professionally and personally. These include access to a wide range of flexible working options including the ability to purchase extra leave, retail discounts, onsite wellbeing centre including a gym (Sydney Office), Employee Assistance Program, competitive home loan rates, leading superannuation contribution, discounted financial advice and personal insurance.
Inclusion & Diversity
AMP recognises individual differences and welcomes people from a variety of life and work experiences. The diversity of our people is core to our ability to innovate, grow and to fulfil our collective aspiration of helping people to own their tomorrow. A natural curiosity, a respect for differences and a growth mindset are valued at AMP.
Message to recruitment agencies and search firms
AMP does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies and search firms. Please do not email or send unsolicited resumes to any AMP employee, location or address. AMP is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend