Working for AMP
Working for AMP means being part of a company that values diverse thinking, encourages collaboration and promotes innovation. It’s an environment that offers challenging and exciting work as well as opportunities for professional growth. We’re flexible enough to allow you to make the most of your life, both professionally and personally.
We are looking for those that have the courage and agility to navigate changing and complex environments so that we can deliver the best solutions for our customers. We value people with integrity, an innate willingness to help others and an eagerness to perform to the best of their abilities.
About the role
The purpose of this role is to provide leading customer service through simple and efficient support services to employees and P&CA Teams by providing advice and guidance on Tier 2 payroll issues, policy interpretation and coaching on the use of P&C systems, tools and processes. A main focus of this role is managing escalated payroll related queries and vendor management.
Act as a Payroll SME to the broader P&C Advice & Operations team to problem solve on Tier 2 payroll queries, coach and develop payroll knowledge and expertise within the team. Implement continuous improvement initiatives that focus on increasing employee service experience and efficiency.
- Serve as the first point of contact for employees for information on employment terms and conditions, P&C policies and processes via various channels including phone, email, or web to assist with P&C issues
- Provide accurate and consistent answers to Tier 2 payroll enquiries
- Coach wider P&C Advice & Operations team on Tier 2 Payroll queries to develop and build their payroll knowledge
- Escalate identified issues where appropriate for further advice and risk management
- Provide monthly reporting on tier 2 payroll (tracker) and HR Requests (tickets) activity
- Demonstrate initiative in identifying & implementing continuous improvement activities to enable easier self-service for leaders and employees and increase service experience and efficiency
Capabilities & Experience
- Highly customer service focused
- Demonstrated experience with Australia and NZ payroll
- Understanding of payroll legislation and statutory requirements
- Experience of dealing with outsourced and offshore providers is highly desirable
- Administrative experience with a high technical/analytical and/or continues improvement focus
- Intermediate level of Excel experience (nested functions, lookups, pivot tables)
- Numeracy, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle high volumes and work effectively under pressure
- Computer literacy and e-savvy
Wellbeing & Benefits
As a company that values wellbeing, we offer a range of great benefits to support you financially, professionally and personally. These include access to a wide range of flexible working options including the ability to purchase extra leave, retail discounts, onsite wellbeing centre including a gym (Sydney Office), Employee Assistance Program, competitive home loan rates, leading superannuation contribution, discounted financial advice and personal insurance.
Inclusion & Diversity
AMP recognises individual differences and welcomes people from a variety of life and work experiences. The diversity of our people is core to our ability to innovate, grow and to fulfil our collective aspiration of helping people to own their tomorrow. A natural curiosity, a respect for differences and a growth mindset are valued at AMP
Message to recruitment agencies and search firms
AMP does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies and search firms. Please do not email or send unsolicited resumes to any AMP employee, location or address. AMP is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.