About the role
As a Senior Financial Accountant, you will provide high level analysis and insights to ensure that strong financial discipline and controls exist, and that effective support is available to help AMP Wealth Management New Zealand achieve its targets.
Key responsibilities would include:
- Understanding the processing of and controls around the processing of management fees, commissions income and expenses, payables and receivables
- Supervising the work of the financial accounting team, including resolving queries, reviewing and authorising journals, reviewing and authorising general ledger reconciliations and reviewing and authorising payments
- Preparation and review of monthly analytical reviews and management reports
- Preparation and review of statutory reports, including annual financial statements, monthly net tangible asset reporting and RBNZ reporting
- Quarterly internal control reviews for Finance functions and management of internal control incidents.
What you’ll need to succeed
- Strong technical accounting NZIFRS skills and knowledge in relation to the Financial Services industry
- CA Membership of NZ Institute of Chartered Accountants (NZICA) or equivalent
- 3-5 years' experience in a financial accounting role at a senior level within a Financial Services industry organisation
- Experience in directing and supervising the work of team members
- A high level of business acumen and interpersonal skills
- Desire for the continuous development of systems and processes.
Who we are
Sometimes we all need a little help to get where we want to go. From family, friends, mentors.
But when it comes to money matters, where do you turn? At AMP Wealth Management New Zealand, we’re committed to providing a little help, so Kiwis can get started, get where they want to go, and enjoy the retirement they want.
We're a leading provider of KiwiSaver, helping our clients to determine the best strategies to reach their financial goals. We also offer a range of general insurance products to help provide financial security, including house, car, contents and travel insurance.
We recognise the vital role business needs to play to support our communities. That’s a key part of who we are and what we do, including being a:
- Living Wage accredited employer
- Supporter of Dignity NZ
- Proud partner of the Key to Life Trust
- Rainbow Tick certified employer
Looking after our people
Financial wellbeing is key to leading a fulfilled and happy life. But wellbeing for us is about more than just money. Which is why in addition to several market-leading financial benefits, we provide our people with opportunities and support to develop and grow their careers as well as a range of wellbeing initiatives, including:
- Up to 12% employer superannuation contribution
- Free life insurance
- Free income protection insurance
- Free Southern Cross health insurance
- Flexible working options
- Access to our wellness programme, including free skin checks and free fruit boxes around the office.
So if like us, you have a passion for helping Kiwis achieve a brighter future, apply today!