Senior Informatica Consultant – AMP Life
AMP Life is Australia and New Zealand’s largest life insurer, with assets of over $31bn and over 2.4 million customers. AMP Life is transitioning its business model to be an in-force specialist life insurer, with a focus on providing existing customers in Australia and New Zealand with risk insurances (income protection, disability and life), traditional life insurances and mature life insurance investments.
We are a customer centric and deeply human organisation and we work to help our customers realise their best life. We focus on the customer experience, retention, investment outcomes, and running an efficient business model to drive customer advocacy and profitable performance outcomes. In 2020, it is planned that AMP Life will be sold by AMP to Resolution Life, a global in-force life insurance specialist.
About the role
In order to further the integration efforts from EDM platform Data Hub to the downstream consumers and minimise technical debt, optimal patterns in the new ETL architecture are required immediately. The Enterprise Data Management team is currently learning Informatica and needs a senior Informatica resource to learn optimal habits from.
Capabilities and Experience
- Experience in managing and reporting on incoming work volumes, rosters and administration systems, functions and workflow management to ensure the service proposition offered to AMP Life customers is consistently achieved.
- Communicate effectively in a mentorship role.
- The experienced data team is transferring it’s skill base to Informatica and needs a leader to ensure their effective transformation.
- Guidance by example, the ability to verbally justify design decisions to involved parties.
- Communicate effectively with documentation. The optimal Informatica patterns which will uplift the organisation, involving utilisation of Enterprise Data Catalog, through Data Integration, to the data store’s architecture need to be laid out as patterns, in advance of scale-up.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organise, analyse within the Informatica solution set as a best practice to underpin current as well as future data initiatives
- Knowledge and experience using various database solutions for analysing large datasets an advantage (Oracle, SQL Server, Azure SQL DB, Azure Synapse)
- Proven working experience with Informatica 10 & IICS
- Technical expertise regarding Data Integration Engine. Expert in tuning mappings, experience with different sources and versions
- Enterprise Data Cataloging: Configuration and population from source schema, business glossary
- Data Profiling : Ideally with exposure to sources including Oracle, CICS
- Data Quality : Configuration for a business critical data element
- Reference 360 : optimally, has business configuration of business rule engines in the Minerva solution
- Data Integration Engine: Ideally looking for an API-integration experienced person
- Master Data Management experience
Inclusion & Diversity
AMP Life recognises individual differences and welcomes people from a variety of life and work experiences. The diversity of our people is core to our ability to innovate, grow and to fulfil our collective aspiration of helping people to own their tomorrow. A natural curiosity, a respect for differences and a growth mindset are valued at AMP Life.