AMP Capital is a specialist investment manager with offices in Australia, New Zealand, Japan, China, Hong Kong, India, London, Chicago, New York, California, Ireland and the Middle East. We are a leading global real estate and infrastructure manager and the combination of our scale, breadth and capability provides access to superior investment opportunities for our clients.
Our asset class specialists, investment strategists and economists work together with the aim of delivering strong investment outcomes for clients. That is why our clients trust us to invest over AS$200 billion AUM (as at 30 June 2019) on their behalf, across a range of single sector and diversified funds.
The Public Markets transformation team have been working to identify and chart the future state Target Operating Model for the business in order to support the growth of the company whilst also addressing current operating risks. The aim is to drive standardisation and simplicity within the operating model, mitigate risk, improve efficiency and add value which will result in the creation of a multi-year transformation road map.
Key responsibilities include:
- Engage with front office Portfolio Managers to understand and document requirements and processes for a Portfolio Management System (PMS)
- Engage with middle office staff to understand and document requirements and processes for a Portfolio Management System (PMS) and Order Management System (OMS)
- Engage is a PMS/OMS selection process providing insight and knowledge input the analysis and scoring of systems
- Identify & documents business issues and gaps in system functionality against business requirements
- Challenge existing business processes and requirements utilising analysis skills and critical thinking, engaging with stakeholders to influence outcomes that provide an improved operating environment
- Solve complex problems across the front and middle office domains as part of solution design
- Facilitate development, training, internal communications, deployment and support activities associated with any process improvement or system implementation in the later part of the program
- Experience in dealing with a wide cross section of stakeholders with a key focus on front office Portfolio Managers and middle office dealing desks
- Strong experience with front and middle office systems (Aladdin, Charles River, Bloomberg, etc)
- Experience in analysing and resolving business problems with SMEs and key stakeholders
- Solution based approach – finds issues but offers solutions
- Analytical mind who is comfortable querying data, challenging status quo, understanding complex environments, and providing business solutions across technology and processes
- Demonstrated Financial Services experience - 10+ years’ (e.g. Front Office, Middle Office, Custody outsourcing, Back office, Fund Accounting, Unit pricing, Product etc)
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Experience in a range of Investment Managers