AMP Capital is a global investment management business with a diversified asset class mix. As part of the AMP Group, we share a heritage that spans over 160 years.
Our home strength in Australia and New Zealand has enabled us to grow internationally, and today we have operations established in the Middle East, China, Hong Kong, India, Ireland, Japan, Luxembourg, the United Kingdom and the United States. We also collaborate with a network of global investment partners, leveraging our shared capabilities to provide greater access to new investment opportunities.
Our asset class specialists, investment strategists and economists work together with the aim of delivering strong investment outcomes for clients. That is why our clients trust us to invest over A$187.2 billion (as at 31 December 2018) on their behalf, across a range of single sector and diversified funds.
AMP Capital Real Estate
AMP Capital is one of the largest direct real estate fund managers in the Asia-Pacific region with more than A$28 billion* in assets under management on behalf of institutional and retail investors. We are also one of the most experienced, with our heritage in real estate investment spanning over 50 years.
Purpose of the role
The Assistant Accountant Development is responsible for providing daily support to the development team and its members. This role will assist in daily processing required to meet deadlines and to support each function during peak periods. The role will require that all Financial information produced for the Development is accurate, timely and relevant.
There will be significant stakeholder management through connecting and collaborating across the contributors to the Development Pipeline (Development, Leasing, Analyst, Marketing, Finance, Centre Teams)
What the role entails:
- Raising and issuing of Development Purchase Orders, also involves ensuring purchase orders are approved via relevant delegations of approval
- Development invoice administration – involves reviewing development invoices received, appropriate purchase order has been raised for works performed and purchase order details are recorded on invoice prior to processing
- Assisting to gather information to set up new suppliers in the system where necessary.
- Tracking of variations, in respect to Construction progress claims and ensuring all items are tracked individually
- Raising Accounts Receivable invoices and issuing to tenants
- Raise journals in the system
- Assist with development cash flow and expense forecasting in JDE
- Tracking of expenditure on all major suppliers
- Bachelors in commerce, business, finance or related preferred
- Studying towards professional accounting qualification is desirable
- A strong understanding of retail property management or property development industry
- Ability to use financial accounting systems, ideally JDE
- Intermediate excel skills