Senior Manager, Risk & Control, Advice
Job no: 610192
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Location: Sydney, Melbourne, Various
Categories: Risk & Compliance
Working for AMP
Working for AMP means being part of a company that values diverse thinking, encourages collaboration and promotes innovation. It’s an environment that offers challenging and exciting work as well as opportunities for professional growth. We’re flexible enough to allow you to make the most of your life, both professionally and personally.
We are looking for those that have the courage and agility to navigate changing and complex environments so that we can deliver the best solutions for our customers. We value people with integrity, an innate willingness to help others and an eagerness to perform to the best of their abilities.
We’re transforming our business, and we need people like you to join us on this journey.
About the role
The purpose of this role is to support the Head of Risk & Control, Advice, to establish and drive a mature risk and compliance first line function supporting the end to end Advice businesses within AMP Australia
- Partnering with the Advice functions to ensure ownership, management and closure of risks and issues
- Oversight of the E2E control environment across relevant business functions
- Implement and maintain Risk and Compliance governance frameworks across the E2E businesses, ensuring that they are operating effectively within the wider AMP Group frameworks
- Support and oversignt for the management of risk, issues, incidents, breaches, conflicts registers
- Support the uplift in Risk Culture across all of 1LOD
Capabilities & Experience
- Relevant experience and a proven track record in a risk management, compliance, internal / external audit or assurance role, with experience in financial services an advantage
- Strong understanding of financial services industry, relevant regulators (e.g. ASIC and APRA), current and proposed financial services regulatory and legislative requirements
- Proven ability to understand operational risks inherent or emerging in a business area, to assess the level of risk, and to develop and execute plans to mitigate risk
- Experience in leading and developing people to deliver on operational goals, and a track record in maintaining a high performing team
- Degree in Law, Business, Commerce or Finance or equivalent , ideally with a post grade qualification
Wellbeing & Benefits
As a company that values wellbeing, we offer a range of great benefits to support you financially, professionally and personally. These include access to a wide range of flexible working options including the ability to purchase extra leave, retail discounts, onsite wellbeing centre including a gym (Sydney Office), Employee Assistance Program, competitive home loan rates, leading superannuation contribution, discounted financial advice and personal insurance.
Inclusion & Diversity
AMP recognises individual differences and welcomes people from a variety of life and work experiences. The diversity of our people is core to our ability to innovate, grow and to fulfil our collective aspiration of helping people to own their tomorrow. A natural curiosity, a respect for differences and a growth mindset are valued at AMP.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend