Working for AMP means being part of a company that values diverse thinking, encourages collaboration and promotes innovation. It’s an environment that offers challenging and exciting work as well as opportunities for professional growth. We’re flexible enough to allow you to make the most of your life, both professionally and personally.
We are looking for those that have the courage and agility to navigate changing and complex environments so that we can deliver the best solutions for our customers. We value people with integrity, an innate willingness to help others and an eagerness to perform to the best of their abilities.
About the role
The Chief Operating Officer (COO) function is the technical, operational, and project delivery hub of AMP, partnering with AMP business units to design, deliver and manage innovative technology and operational solutions that meet the current and future needs of customers.
The Applications Operations Manager will be responsible for leading a team and supporting the operations of Financial Planning Tools to our Adviser Network. This role sits within our Advice Delivery team.
- Undertake day to day performance review of all functions of the Service Operations team across both AMP and partner landscapes, lead partners to deliver to agreed SLAs/KPIs outcomes, identify initiatives to drive down volumes across all functions, transform the existing engagement models to make it simple and easy for people to engage, simplify the process to introduce new services
- Provide leadership and initiative on a day to day basis in handling a diverse number of scenarios in a structured and consistent manner, ensuring the work is delegated to team members as required
- Demonstrate volume reduction and faster incident management resolution across the business and partners (all teams who handle incidents), & perform incident management audits and identify trends to support Problem Management
- Grow skills and capability within the team and build a culture of a continuous service improvement
- Successfully build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders and vendors for supported applications and infrastructure
Capabilities & Experience
- Demonstrated previous leadership experience in an IT operational support environment of applications
- Experience within the Financial services industry is highly desirable, specifically with in Financial Advice
- Experience in analysing incident, problem and change records to determine any trends or apparent problems that have occurred, and to take any opportunities to improve service quality
- Experience in monitoring, managing, and improving the efficiency of support services
- Possess strong initiative and stakeholder management skills to build and foster positive relationships
- Exceptional in ITIL process – incident, major incident, request, change, problem management
Wellbeing & Benefits
As a company that values wellbeing, we offer a range of great benefits to support you financially, professionally and personally. These include access to a wide range of flexible working options including the ability to purchase extra leave, retail discounts, onsite wellbeing centre including a gym (Sydney Office), Employee Assistance Program, competitive home loan rates, leading superannuation contribution, discounted financial advice and personal insurance.
Inclusion & Diversity
AMP recognises individual differences and welcomes people from a variety of life and work experiences. The diversity of our people is core to our ability to innovate, grow and to fulfil our collective aspiration of helping people to own their tomorrow. A natural curiosity, a respect for differences and a growth mindset are valued at AMP.