Working for AMP
AMP Life is Australia and New Zealand’s largest life insurer, with assets of over $31bn and over 2.4 million customers. AMP Life is transitioning its business model to be an in-force specialist life insurer, with a focus on providing existing customers in Australia and New Zealand with risk insurances (income protection, disability and life), traditional life insurances and mature life insurance investments. We are a customer centric and deeply human organisation and we work to help our customers realise their best life. We focus on the customer experience, retention, investment outcomes, and running an efficient business model to drive customer advocacy and profitable performance outcomes.
Purpose of the role
To protect the value of the existing in-force product set through lapse management, other retention, and value maximising strategies. The focus will be on both aligned advisers and external non-aligned financial advisers (EFAs). The second purpose is to personally manage advisers to protect the value of the in-force existing book.
Main focus areas
• Develop relationships with financial advisers on your panel
• Support business activities of key financial advisers
• Accountability of personal results
• Achievement of agreed activity plan
• Proactively manage call activity to advisers
• Teaching advisers product and sales strategy
• Execute product and marketing initiatives to maximise opportunities.
• Create a plan to provide insight to advisers on where the threats and opportunities exist within their book of AMP Life customers.
• Work effectively with segmented clients, building on personal and business reputation as a customer centric organisation providing individualised service
• Understand, articulate and embed end to end advice processes and targeted product strategies
• Maintain comprehensive, accurate, and timely records of adviser relationship activities using appropriate systems
• To participate as an effective team member
• Conduct Presentations when required
• Agree allocations of advisers for each Adviser Support Manager (ASM) to appropriately manage resources and focus on agreed priority accounts
• Coach and develop ASM’s to continuously improve • Design and implement a state based insurance business plan to drive high activity across all adviser’s channels.
• Provide regular insights and feedback to product and operations
• Deliver technical knowledge of AMP Life product and platforms
• Proactively manage risk and compliance issues
• Operate within agreed financial expense budgets.
• Support ASM’s in managing advisers with poor lapse results.
• Maintain CRM database with activity logging, opportunities created and ensuring adviser records are kept up to date
• An ability to interpret financial and non-financial data and to assess business performance and develop solutions
• High level of business acumen and strong business planning and execution skills
• The ability to build valued adviser relationships by demonstrating your understanding of adviser business models, specialisations, and customer markets
• Deep knowledge of regulatory frameworks that impact insurance such as; Life Insurance Framework (LIF), best interest duty and product replacement rules
• Use a deep appreciation of customer needs and goals to effectively match and promote AMP products and services
• The ability to maintain a strong pulse on what's happening in the local environment
• Ability to monitor retention patterns and trends
• Ability to understand customer lifecycle across different segments, contribute to lifecycle models to support customer analytics and define moments of truth
• Ability to oversee the overall experience customers receive to ensure it is appropriate and consistent across channels and elements of the value chain. Includes: - Continually identifying and testing improvement opportunities - Contribute to segment experiences across channels
• Ability to deliver essential product and service information, regulatory and policy updates and other legally required or valuable information to the advisers and practices through relevant media: website, adviser portal, electronic and postal correspondence Experience required
• Extensive experience in product distribution through licences and financial planners
• Strong stakeholder management experience in a complex or matrix style environment
• RG146 compliant
• Relevant tertiary qualification in business related discipline prefer
Wellbeing & Benefits
As a company that values wellbeing, we offer a range of great benefits to support you financially, professionally and personally. These include access to a wide range of flexible working options including the ability to purchase extra leave, retail discounts, onsite wellbeing centre including a gym, Employee Assistance Program, competitive home loan rates, leading superannuation contribution, discounted financial advice and personal insurance.
Inclusion & Diversity
AMP recognises individual differences and welcomes people from a variety of life and work experiences. The diversity of our people is core to our ability to innovate, grow and to fulfil our collective aspiration of helping people to own their tomorrow. A natural curiosity, a respect for differences and a growth mindset are valued at AMP.