Working for AMP
Working for AMP means being part of a company that values diverse thinking, encourages collaboration and promotes innovation. It’s an environment that offers challenging and exciting work as well as opportunities for professional growth. We’re flexible enough to allow you to make the most of your life, both professionally and personally.
We are looking for those that have the courage and agility to navigate changing and complex environments so that we can deliver the best solutions for our customers. We value people with integrity, an innate willingness to help others and an eagerness to perform to the best of their abilities.
AMP has recently created a single wealth management business, AMP Australia (AMPA), to lead the development of our advice led wealth management strategy. AMPA is structured around two core businesses, AMPA Client Relationships (a business to client model) and AMPA Business Partnerships (a business to business model)
The AMP Behaviours capture what we expect of each other and what you will be rewarded for. They show how we need to behave in order to change AMP and deliver on our strategy. The 3 behaviours we live by are:
- Think client first We consider the client impact in everything we do and in every decision we make. We are obsessive about improving the client experience (‘client’ (or customer) is the end client).
- Act like an entrepreneur When we make decisions, we should ask ourselves these questions:
“Would I be doing what I’m doing if this was my own company?”
“Would I be spending and investing the money if I were to pay it out of my own wallet?”
“Would I be buying the products and services that we’re selling if I were sitting on the other side of this conversation?”
- Take action and be accountable When we make decisions, we need to do the research, understand the risks and consider the options. But after that, we need to move swiftly to action.
Purpose of the role
The Valuations Analyst is responsible for preparing and analysing client register valuations in accordance with buy-back rules, policies & terms associated with all licensee buy-back offers.
You will support the National Valuations & Technical Manager and the Valuations Team in driving licensee value management framework and objectives through preparation of Licensee Buy Back valuations, deferred payment adjustments, valuation systems maintenance (RV) and implementing business project outcomes.
- Responsible for the preparation and analysis of register valuations, associated valuation adjustments and deferred payment reconciliations for buy-back transactions under:
- AMPFP BOLR
- Hillross EBB & LBB
- Charter EBOO & BOO
- Provision of advice & support in relation to valuation policy & terms and application of buy-back rules for all licensee offers.
- Monitor standard service package alignment and associated interim servicing arrangements for AMPFP BOLR transactions.
- Monitor and report on post-BOLR financial impacts of compliance-related remediation activities as implemented by Advice Governance.
- Provision of advice/support to enable calculation of adjustments for deferred payment arrangements on direct practice-to-practice transactions.
- Provision of back-up support for the preparation of manual valuations and adjustments for practice- or bank-requested AMPFP, Charter, Hillross and cross-licensee valuations.
- Provision of back-up support in the preparation of on-sell valuations, including register leases and interim servicing arrangements.
- Provision of implementation support to strategic and tactical projects, as required.
- Provision of back-up support for Senior Valuations & Technical Analyst and National Valuations & Technical Manager, as required.
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders including Mergers & Acquisitions, Heads of Financial Planning, Partnership Managers, regional office staff, Advice Governance and advisers, as required.
Capabilities & Experience
- Previous experience in an analyst role
- Previous experience in Financial Services industry (preferred)
- Post Graduate Degree qualified within a business related discipline
- Advanced Diploma of Financial Services (ADFS) (desirable)
- A strong focus on customer satisfaction through the accuracy of data and development of reporting tools.
- Attention to detail and ability to interpret contractual arrangements.
- Ability to build and maintain effective stakeholder relationships.
- Strong analytical skills to understand broader business performance.
- Sound decision making, problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Strong level of computer literacy with proven ability to learn multiple new complex applications quickly.
- Understanding of the Financial Planning industry & the administration systems within a financial planner environment (highly desirable).
Wellbeing & Benefits
As a company that values wellbeing, we offer a range of great benefits to support you financially, professionally and personally. These include access to a wide range of flexible working options including the ability to purchase extra leave, retail discounts, onsite wellbeing centre including a gym (Sydney Office), Employee Assistance Program, competitive home loan rates, leading superannuation contribution, discounted financial advice and personal insurance.
Inclusion and diversity
AMP welcomes people with all kinds of life and work experiences. Our individual differences and collective strength make for great employee, customer and business outcomes. What unique insights could you bring to the AMP team?
Competitive base + 12% super + bonus + employee benefits