Working for AMP
Working for AMP means being part of a company that values diverse thinking, encourages collaboration and promotes innovation. It’s an environment that offers challenging and exciting work as well as opportunities for professional growth. We’re flexible enough to allow you to make the most of your life, both professionally and personally. As such, we are interested in hearing from applicants who are currently seeking part time opportunities. Please speak to us about how we can accommodate your own flexible employment arrangement.
We are looking for those that have the courage and agility to navigate changing and complex environments so that we can deliver the best solutions for our customers. We value people with integrity, an innate willingness to help others and an eagerness to perform to the best of their abilities.
We’re transforming our business, and we need people like you to join us on this journey.
About the role
Business Transactions is the centre of excellence responsible for managing AMP’s capital exposure and any growth activities for AMP’s network of financial advisers.
The primary purpose of the Transaction Integration Consultant is to: manage internal mergers and acquisition transactions (also known as business growth activities undertaken by financial planning practices within our network) which include sale and acquisition of client registers and practices and the merger of practices
- Execution of transaction data and client file collection, to ensure:
- Collection is planned, coordinated and conducted within specified timeframes
- Breaches are reported and action undertaken as per guidelines
- Provide in field support to Transaction Managers and financial advisers as required.
- Review transaction data and client files to assure compliance with regulatory standards.
- Prepare monitoring reports to support quality assessment or inaccuracies.
- Work with the Transaction Analysis team to ensure accurate and timely transaction data and client file collection reviews are in place and effectively reporting and mitigating inaccuracies.
- Foster strong and collaborative relationships with key stakeholder groups nationally, both internal and external to the business.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of ASIC Regulatory Guides, Corporations Act, AUSTRAC expectations and other relevant legislation.
- Participate in the continuous improvement of a best practice adviser transition model
- Collaborate with internal business partners and financial advisers to deliver an optimal transition experience for advisers and practices.
Capabilities & Experience
- Sound knowledge of the financial services industry and financial advice industry and practice
- Sound knowledge and understanding of ASIC Regulatory Guides, Corporations Act, AUSTRAC expectations and other relevant legislation.
- Knowledge of compliance and risk management practice in a corporate context.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work across business units, as well as proven high level communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as with cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated time management skills with an ability to prioritise and complete work to deadlines.
- Strong work ethic where activities undertaken demonstrate a concern for quality and attention to detail - all tasks are completed efficiently and with quality results.
- Strong planning and organisation skills to accomplish specific goals or tasks required.
- Business planning and project management skills with proven ability in effective implementation
- Ability to coach business partners through the transaction process.
- Focus on innovation and end to end process improvement
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant business discipline preferred (e.g. business, engineering, commerce, financial planning, project management)
Wellbeing & Benefits
As a company that values wellbeing, we offer a range of great benefits to support you financially, professionally and personally. These include access to a wide range of flexible working options including the ability to purchase extra leave, retail discounts, onsite wellbeing centre including a gym (Sydney Office), Employee Assistance Program, competitive home loan rates, leading superannuation contribution, discounted financial advice and personal insurance.
Inclusion & Diversity
AMP recognises individual differences and welcomes people from a variety of life and work experiences. The diversity of our people is core to our ability to innovate, grow and to fulfil our collective aspiration of helping people to own their tomorrow. A natural curiosity, a respect for differences and a growth mindset are valued at AMP.
Competitive base + 12% super + bonus + employee benefits