Working for AMP
Working for AMP means being part of a company that values diverse thinking, encourages collaboration and promotes innovation. It’s an environment that offers challenging and exciting work as well as opportunities for professional growth. We’re flexible enough to allow you to make the most of your life, both professionally and personally.
We are looking for those that have the courage and agility to navigate changing and complex environments so that we can deliver the best solutions for our customers. We value people with integrity, an innate willingness to help others and an eagerness to perform to the best of their abilities.
We’re transforming our business, and we need people like you to join us on this journey.
About the role
The BISO is primarily an Information Security Outreach capability into one of AMP’s business units, building and establishing trust with senior stakeholders, championing cyber practices, and developing an in-depth knowledge of that business unit’s needs and requirements as distinct from others within AMP. The role will be:
- Reporting into Head of Cyber but will also have a dotted line into a senior technology stakeholder in the Business Unit (BU)
- The ‘Face of Cyber’ to clients of that BU
- Championing the requirements of Cyber into the BU, and assisting with the adoption of relevant security services
- Aware of Business-related trends, as impacts the BU’s activities
- Aware of the jurisdictions the BU operates in and be able to map controls to requirements of global standards
- Providing Executive education & status reporting - able to explain our risk profile, the changing landscape and the role of senior execs in leading cyber safe cultures
- Articulating BU needs into group cyber investments - be clear where there are gaps where BU has divergent needs.
- Developing tailored risk profiles for the BU and helping to manage the cyber risk of that BU
- Supporting the ongoing due diligence of Service Partners and Vendors
- Supporting the secure development and testing of controls and services as they relate to the BU
Capabilities & Experience
This is a senior role with a strong focus on relationship management - the successful candidate will be expected to have:
- Demonstrated highly developed oral and written communication skills, with the ability to broadly communicate Cyber Security and Information Risk.
- Proven ability to collaborate with and gain the trust of senior stakeholders throughout the organisation.
- Well developed analytical and problem-solving skills.
Furthermore, the successful candidate shall also have a:
- Strong understanding cyber risk management and prioritization of risk approaches
- Strong understanding of security control implementations and their ability to meet control objectives.
- Broad understanding of IT Security principles associated with applications, networks, cloud services, cryptography, internet, email, operating systems, databases and malware
- Broad understanding of penetration testing concepts and methodology.
- The ability to analyse data and provide meaningful and relevant data driven advise in terms appropriate to the audience within agreed timeframes.
- Experience identifying core issues and appropriate corrective actions plans and tracking their progress to completion.
- Experience dealing with prudential and financial services regulators and their regulatory frameworks.
- Experience preparing and delivering Board and C level reports regarding on information security capability and assessments.
- Experience with Risk Frameworks, tooling and methodologies
- Experience with Cyber Governance Frameworks such as ISO 2700x & NIST CSF
- Tertiary qualifications within IT, or a related discipline strongly preferred
- CISSP / CISM / CISA / SABSA etc., all viewed favourably
Wellbeing & Benefits
As a company that values wellbeing, we offer a range of great benefits to support you financially, professionally and personally. These include access to a wide range of flexible working options including the ability to purchase extra leave, retail discounts, onsite wellbeing centre including a gym (Sydney Office), Employee Assistance Program, competitive home loan rates, leading superannuation contribution, discounted financial advice and personal insurance.
Inclusion & Diversity
AMP recognises individual differences and welcomes people from a variety of life and work experiences. The diversity of our people is core to our ability to innovate, grow and to fulfil our collective aspiration of helping people to own their tomorrow. A natural curiosity, a respect for differences and a growth mindset are valued at AMP.