Senior Data Analyst - AMP Life
AMP Life is Australia and New Zealand’s largest life insurer, with assets of over $31bn and over 2.4 million customers. AMP Life is transitioning its business model to be an in-force specialist life insurer, with a focus on providing existing customers in Australia and New Zealand with risk insurances (income protection, disability and life), traditional life insurances and mature life insurance investments.
We are a customer centric and deeply human organisation and we work to help our customers realise their best life. We focus on the customer experience, retention, investment outcomes, and running an efficient business model to drive customer advocacy and profitable performance outcomes. In 2019, it is planned that AMP Life will be sold by AMP to Resolution Life, a global in-force life insurance specialist.
About the role
Reporting to the Head of Data Delivery, this role will analyse and catalogue raw data from multiple sources with a focus on Data Quality. We are looking for an established Data Analyst able to extract, transform and load information from / in various database platforms (Oracle/SQL Server/MS Access) and to perform tasks such as data classification, assembly, cleansing and manipulation to generate consistent data files that feed directly into our reporting processes. A strong programming background (VBA/DCS) would beneficial.
AMP Life’s Technology function, the Enterprise Data Management team is responsible for delivering trusted, high quality data and information management capabilities that seamlessly meet business and customer needs. This includes, advocating and advancing a data driven organisational culture across AMP Life, delivering and maintaining the Enterprise Data Strategy, including the underlying capabilities and managing enterprise information management and data quality. This role is also responsible for the strategic business project delivery of data capabilities and providing a platform for data innovation and experimentation to support our business.
- Acquire data from a number of different sources (Flat File/Oracle/SQL Server/MS Access/Cloud)
- Interpret data, analyse results using various techniques and provide ongoing reports and data extracts
- Develop strategies that help improve data quality and business operating efficiency
- Identify, analyse, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Work closely with management to prioritise business and information needs, helping the project to prioritise delivery activity
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities in the sourcing, management and maintenance of enterprise data
Capabilities & Experience
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organise, analyse and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Knowledge and experience using various database solutions for analysing large datasets an advantage (Oracle, SQL Server, Excel, MS Access)
- Programming in our current ETL tool (DCS) and assisting with VBA development
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Proven ability to work proactively with a use of initiative and early escalation of issues
- Proven working experience as a data analyst (preferably within Financial Services/Insurance Business)
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- At least two years SQL and database experience
Inclusion & Diversity
AMP Life recognises individual differences and welcomes people from a variety of life and work experiences. The diversity of our people is core to our ability to innovate, grow and to fulfil our collective aspiration of helping people to own their tomorrow. A natural curiosity, a respect for differences and a growth mindset are valued at AMP Life.