Working for AMP means being part of a company that values diverse thinking, encourages collaboration and promotes innovation. It’s an environment that offers challenging and exciting work as well as opportunities for professional growth. We’re flexible enough to allow you to make the most of your life, both professionally and personally.
We are looking for those that have the courage and agility to navigate changing and complex environments so that we can deliver the best solutions for our customers. We value people with integrity, an innate willingness to help others and an eagerness to perform to the best of their abilities.
About the role
The Office of the Group General Counsel (OGC) forms part of the Group functions within AMP. The OGC provides a comprehensive range of support services to all AMP business lines, through the AMP Legal teams, Corporate Governance , Group Insurance and the Superannuation Trustee Office, and the management of outside legal counsel.
The Superannuation Trustee Office is part of the Group Legal team within the OGC. The team is responsible for creating, implementing and maintaining the governance framework supporting AMP’s two superannuation trustees AMP Superannuation Limited (ASL) and NM Superannuation Pty Ltd (NM Super).
The Senior Trustee Officer – Trustee Governance – Claims is part of a team of specialists which is responsible for undertaking key operational processes on behalf of ASL and NM Super. This includes managing legacy Superannuation Complaints Tribunal (SCT) complaints, making other trustee determinations including member insurance claims as required and providing consulting services to business partners in respect of trustee related issues.
- Manage and approve benefit payments in the event of the death of members, disablement benefits, & terminal illness benefits of ASL and NM Super funds
- Provide Subject Matter Expert support to other team members and other business partners across AMP in relation to the end to end claims management process.
- Assist in the management of information required to effectively support the operational processes undertaken by the Trustee Governance – Claims team
- Monitor and engage in regulatory developments in superannuation, including representing AMP in industry body working groups and forums to AMP and contributing to regulator and industry body submissions
- Provide guidance and advice to internal business partners in relation to matters impacting ASL and NM Super, their funds, and their members and beneficiaries.
Capabilities & Experience
- Strong experience in the superannuation industry is required, preferably in senior team roles involving, fund administration, dispute resolution, product management or member services
- Previous experience in dealing with member claim related disputes is required
- Sound knowledge of the obligations applicable to superannuation trustees, including laws, regulations and licensing requirements which impact the operations of ASL and NM Super
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills including the ability to deal confidently with stakeholders
- Tertiary qualifications or suitable industry based experience and/or qualifications. The appointee will be required to attain PS146 accreditation in superannuation if they do not already possess it.
Wellbeing & Benefits
As a company that values wellbeing, we offer a range of great benefits to support you financially, professionally and personally. These include access to a wide range of flexible working options including the ability to purchase extra leave, retail discounts, onsite wellbeing centre including a gym (Sydney Office), Employee Assistance Program, competitive home loan rates, leading superannuation contribution, discounted financial advice and personal insurance.
Inclusion & Diversity
AMP recognises individual differences and welcomes people from a variety of life and work experiences. The diversity of our people is core to our ability to innovate, grow and to fulfil our collective aspiration of helping people to own their tomorrow. A natural curiosity, a respect for differences and a growth mindset are valued at AMP.