Working for AMP
Working for AMP means being part of a company that values diverse thinking, encourages collaboration and promotes innovation. It’s an environment that offers challenging and exciting work as well as opportunities for professional growth. We’re flexible enough to allow you to make the most of your life, both professionally and personally.
We are looking for those that have the courage and agility to navigate changing and complex environments so that we can deliver the best solutions for our customers. We value people with integrity, an innate willingness to help others and an eagerness to perform to the best of their abilities.
We’re transforming our business, and we need people like you to join us on this journey.
About the role
AMP is undergoing a customer transformation and we are looking for a strong Cloud Engineer Lead to join Technology Services, Data and Cyber to help further AMP’s Cloud journey. This role involves working with engineers, architects and product support teams on the development of automated Cloud Infrastructure and Continuous Delivery pipelines.
- Technical Leadership - you will be the technical lead for the Cloud Platform Engineering team whose mission is to enable portfolio teams to rapidly deliver for our clients
- Automation - you will be a champion and advocate for continuous improvement and look to automate everything. Similarly, you will be accountable for eliminating technical debt and streamlining existing processes by eliminating manual step
- Service Ownership - you will be responsible for developing and evolving the cloud service offering to ensure services remain current, relevant and secure at all times
- Service Design - you are accountable for designing and developing resilient and secure consumptions patterns for cloud services, which can be easily implemented by portfolio teams
- Engineering - provide hands on development capability for automating Cloud Services, such as Infrastructure and Continuous Delivery pipelines
- Support - you will be an expert in the services provided and willing to support the Cloud team for any high priority issues. Post resolving any issues you will immediately turn your attention to prevention, and how similar issues any be avoided in future
- Knowledge Management - Develop and maintain up to date documentation. Actively share knowledge with other team members to achieve outcomes and grow our organisational capability
- Thought Leadership - remain up to date with new cloud and automation technologies and identify areas of improvement. Be a champion and advocate for continuous improvement and DevOps behaviours and processes
Capabilities & Experience
A strong understanding of DevOps automation and cloud technologies, as well as a solid operational background are essential.
You will need to demonstrate a blend of strong technical and business knowledge, to show experience in working a diverse range of technologies and evidence the ability to learn new technologies and concepts quickly.
Primarily we are looking for someone who wants to contribute to our culture of operational excellence and customer focus. The candidate needs to have a passion for technology, excellent communication skills, the flexibility to thrive in a fast paced collaborative environment and have the following core technical competencies
- Public Cloud Computing Experience (AWS preferred)
- Scripting (e.g. Python, Bash, YAML, CloudFormation)
- Configuration Management Automation tools (e.g. Puppet, Ansible, Chef, etc)
- Continuous Integrations Servers (e.g. Jenkins, Bamboo, TeamCity, etc)
- Server Administration (e.g. Windows Server Editions, Unix, Linux variants)
- Database administration (e.g. Oracle, MSSQL, MySQL, etc)
- Networking (TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP, Load Balancing, etc)
- Solid understanding of ITIL practices and principles and previous experience providing L4 support for critical systems
- Experience in creating technical roadmaps and strategy, and the ability to communicate and execute it effectively
Wellbeing & Benefits
As a company that values wellbeing, we offer a range of great benefits to support you financially, professionally and personally. These include access to a wide range of flexible working options including the ability to purchase extra leave, retail discounts, onsite wellbeing centre including a gym (Sydney Office), Employee Assistance Program, competitive home loan rates, leading superannuation contribution, discounted financial advice and personal insurance.
Inclusion & Diversity
AMP recognises individual differences and welcomes people from a variety of life and work experiences. The diversity of our people is core to our ability to innovate, grow and to fulfil our collective aspiration of helping people to own their tomorrow. A natural curiosity, a respect for differences and a growth mindset are valued at AMP.