About AMP Capital (Private MarketsCo)
AMP Capital’s private markets business (comprising real estate, infrastructure debt and infrastructure equity) is going through an exciting change, separating from AMP Group and listing on the ASX as its own entity, expected to be complete in 2022.
As we work towards this, PrivateMarketsCo* will become the consistent way we will refer to the demerging private markets business. While this is for the interim only, it demonstrates our move forward and our commitment to delivering a new future for all our stakeholders including clients, tenant customers, our people and our prospective shareholders.
Our new business will have the ability to operate independently, efficiently and in alignment with the needs of each of our stakeholders. However, this exciting path forward doesn’t change our rich heritage and strong expertise that we have built over 60 years’ in investing, managing and developing iconic real estate on behalf of investors around the world.
Over the years, we have been synonymous with some of the most recognised real estate and infrastructure assets around the globe, including Australia’s first skyscraper which opened in 1962, the iconic Quay Quarter Tower which is shaping the future Sydney skyline and some of the world’s prime airports including London Luton, Melbourne and Newcastle .
Working with AMP Capital, as we start our new chapter as a private markets business, you will have the rare opportunity to help shape a new business, whilst building on the foundations of leadership in real asset investment and management, sustainability, technology and innovation.
To find out more about our exciting future ahead visit http://www.privatemarketsco.com or www.ampcapital.com
* Private Markets Co refers to the private markets business of the AMP Capital group which is proposed to be demerged from the AMP group in H1 2022 as per the ASX announcement on 23 April 2021 and as further described in 12 August 2021 AMP ASX announcement. The AMP Capital group is wholly owned by AMP Limited (“AMP”) (ASX:AMP)
About Real Estate
AMP Capital’s Real Estate team is one of the largest direct real estate fund managers in the Asia-Pacific region with more than A$23 billion# in assets under management on behalf of institutional and retail investors. We are also one of the most experienced, with our heritage in real estate investment spanning over 60 years.
Our extensive global network and integrated management model allows our multidisciplinary team of real estate professionals to realise true value for clients through the investment management, property management and development of a portfolio of some of the most iconic shopping centres, office buildings and industrial estates across Australia and New Zealand.
Within Real Estate, our purpose is to shape a better future. Our team of real estate professionals do this by creating exceptional real estate experiences that deliver sustainable returns for our investors, supporting our tenant customers in their success and adding value to the lives of the millions of people and communities who either shop, work or experience our managed places each day.
# As at 30 June 2021. This includes AMP Capital’s 24.9 per cent share of PCCP’s NAV, equivalent to A$1.8b. ANREV/INREV/NCREIF Fund Manager Survey 2021
Purpose of the role
The role of Operations Manager represents a senior leadership position within the Centre Management team that supports the Centre General Manager in delivery of the Strategic Business Plan objectives of the asset.
The primary areas of focus for this position is to lead the operations team and services for AMP’s flagship Shopping Centre. Managing the day-to-day services and maintenance of the shopping centre to ensure the highest standard of customer service, centre presentation, ambience and customer safety standards are met.
Statutory and legal obligations pursuant to the delivery of the role must be observed and appropriate training and procedures implemented.
The Operations Manager is required to diligently pursue best-practice health and safety, maintenance standards, strategic planning, budgeting, environmental and sustainable performance and sound management practices.
Management obligations of this role include (but are not limited to): team leadership, contractor management, procurement, capital works project management, stakeholder engagement, reporting, asset management. Important qualities include the ability to exercise sound judgement, meet challenging deadlines, prioritise and monitor time management in the team and find ways to innovate to create efficiencies.
Main focus areas
Environmental Health & Safety
• Technical compliance
• Risk (Hazard) management
• Accident and incident management
• Business continuity and emergency preparedness
• Environmental conditions management
Operations and Maintenance Management
• Procurement and contracting
• Planned preventative maintenance
• Contractor management and governance
• Essential services maintenance and performance
Planning, Programming and Budgeting
• Strategic and annual planning
• Financial management, budgeting, forecasting and benchmarking
• Legal and statutory obligations
• Capital works planning, project management and delivery
• Tenancy fit-out coordination and delivery
Environmental and Sustainable Performance
• Operating efficiencies
• Asset life cycle analysis and costing
• Legislative reporting and audits obligations
Operations Management Practice
• Lead the Operations team
• Training and development
• Reporting and communications
• Stakeholder engagement and service
Knowledge and experience
• Tertiary Qualifications in a relevant discipline, with a focus on property or retail operations
• Ability to work collaboratively as a team, use initiative and meet deadlines
• Action-oriented and outcome focused
• Business-oriented and cost conscious
• Capable of concurrent problem solving and adaptability to changing work environments and workloads
• Capable of taking charge and confident in emergency situations
• Customer service focused
• People oriented and effective leader in a team environment
• Sound judgement and calm demeanor under pressure
• Awareness of personal safety and the safety of others in the workplace
• Leadership - Strong leadership skills with experience in motivating, developing, and improving team members through coaching and training, to build a high performing team that collaboratively drive best business outcomes
• Contract / relationship management - Manages the relationship with contract service providers and/or retailers, including negotiation, interpretation and application of agreements. Ensures adherence to standards and best outcomes for AMP
• Financial management - Utilises established financial systems to track budgets and highlights variances in order to manage and control specific cost variables. May also be responsible for developing income and/or expenditure budgets
• Internal operational process management - Understands and applies diverse processes and systems and links multiple processes and procedures to obtain an outcome. Develops existing processes and procedures to generate efficiencies, improve service delivery and minimise risk
• Legislation & regulations - Applies a thorough understanding of relevant legislation and regulations to advise internal or external clients on the practical application
• Risk management - Monitors and challenges business processes in order to ensure AMP is compliant with all regulatory, legal and commercial requirements and standards
• Developing and delivering innovative practices and continuous improvements
• Demonstrated experience in managing in a multi-functional technical services delivery environment,
• Experience in project management, delivery of capital works and tenancy coordination
• Knowledge of building systems and financial accounting
• Operations or facility management experience at a senior level as part of a shopping centre or property management team,
• Basic understanding of valuation and investment principles
• Technical and soft services contractor procurement and