- Join a high performing and motivated team
- Work in an environment where your contribution will be valued
- Permanent full-time role
Working for AMP
Working for AMP means being part of a company that values diverse thinking, encourages collaboration, and promotes innovation. It’s an environment that offers challenging and exciting work as well as opportunities for professional growth. We’re flexible enough to allow you to make the most of your life, both professionally and personally.
We are looking for those that have the courage and agility to navigate changing and complex environments so that we can deliver the best solutions for our customers. We value people with integrity, an innate willingness to help others and an eagerness to perform to the best of their abilities. We’re transforming our business, and we need people like you to join us on this journey.
Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) is accountable for developing risk management policies, systems and processes to promote a consistent approach to risk management and provide independent oversight and challenge, to ensure an effective control environment to manage risks within AMP risk appetite. The ERM team is also accountable for managing the BAU processes that support AMPs Licence Management obligations
The Privacy Advisor Analyst reports to Head of Line 1 Risk and Compliance Advice and is responsible for enhancing our privacy risk management within the Advice business through assisting in the implementation of the AMP privacy risk management framework, including compliance with privacy obligations. As the subject matter expert, your privacy knowledge will be heavily relied upon and you will play a key role in the continual uplift of privacy awareness, completion of privacy impact assessments and advice on the identification and effective management of privacy risks.
You will be trusted to
- Delivering timely and quality privacy risk management advice and guidance for changes and projects, via the privacy impact assessment process
- Providing advice and guidance on privacy related matters including the management of data breaches and direct consultations
- Develop/deploy privacy training and other communications to increase employee understanding of AMP group privacy policies, data handling practices and procedures, and legal obligations. Ensure appropriate awareness around privacy and facilitate training sessions where specific training is required
- Periodically monitor, report on and escalate gaps and emerging privacy risks.
- Conduct investigations into privacy and data breaches to understand root cause and make recommendations to avoid them in future
- Work with stakeholders to document data processing activities
- Work with stakeholders to complete the privacy compliance self-assessment
- Ensure that new starters within the Advice businesses have an understanding of the privacy program e.g. basic understanding of data breach management, PIAs, privacy notices etc.
- Respond and action privacy complaints or data subject requests. Escalate matters where required
Desirable experience and skills
- At least 3 years' experience in a regulatory, compliance, legal, paralegal, data governance, information management, policy officer or similar role
- Strong understanding of privacy and data breach laws and regulations and organisational privacy policies and standards
- Demonstrated ability to methodically coordinate and organise, including working to fixed deadlines
- Ability to understand privacy risks inherent or emerging in a business area, to assess the level of risk, and to develop and execute plans to mitigate risk.
- Understanding of the financial services industry and relevant regulators
- Good report writing, presentation and verbal communications skills
- High level interpersonal skills including liaison, relationship building and negotiation with stakeholders, regulators, and senior management
- Ability to think, plan and act strategically and commercially
- Degree qualification in appropriate discipline (Law, Accounting, Finance, Social Sciences, Information Technology, Data or related field). Candidates with qualifications in other areas and experience deemed equivalent will also be considered.
If you think you’re the right person for this role, send us your resume. Don’t delay as we’re assessing applications as they are received. We’d love to hear how your capabilities, achievements and experience set you apart.
Wellbeing & Benefits
As a company that values wellbeing, we offer a range of great benefits to support you financially, professionally, and personally. These include access to a wide range of flexible working options including the ability to purchase extra leave, retail discounts, Employee Assistance Program, competitive home loan rates, leading superannuation contribution, discounted financial advice and personal insurance. For further information please visit Careers - AMP
Inclusion & Diversity
AMP recognises individual differences and welcomes people from a variety of life and work experiences. The diversity of our people is core to our ability to innovate, grow and to fulfil our collective aspiration of helping people to own their tomorrow. A natural curiosity, a respect for differences and a growth mindset are valued at AMP.
Message to recruitment agencies and search firms
AMP does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies and search firms. Please do not email or send unsolicited resumes to any AMP employee, location, or address. AMP is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.