Working for AMP
Working for AMP means being part of a company that values diverse thinking, encourages collaboration and promotes innovation. It’s an environment that offers challenging and exciting work as well as opportunities for professional growth. We’re flexible enough to allow you to make the most of your life, both professionally and personally.
We are looking for those that have the courage and agility to navigate changing and complex environments so that we can deliver the best solutions for our customers. We value people with integrity, an innate willingness to help others and an eagerness to perform to the best of their abilities.
About AMP Australia
AMP has brought together its Australian Wealth Management and AMP Bank divisions under one leadership team to help our clients to manage and grow their wealth throughout their lives. We seek to provide whole-of-wealth services by taking a holistic view of a client’s needs at every stage of their life and by providing best of breed financial solutions.
About AMP Advice
We have been helping clients with their finances since we were founded as ipac in 1983. Today, we’re backed by the strength of AMP and have offices throughout Australia. We talk a lot about goals because, to us, financial advice is more than just numbers; it’s about helping people live better lives and reach their potential.
Everyone has goals but getting started on them is the hardest step. So we’ve made it easy with our innovative goals explorer technology-a fresh way to look at goals. Once the client is clear about their goals our financial advisers create a plan to track and help achieve their goals.
Clients are at the centre of every conversation. We’re here to listen and understand what’s important to them. We’re upfront about how we work and our costs so they’ll never be surprised by extra or hidden charges.
Our team of expert advisers includes specialists in investment strategy, super, retirement, insurance, personal injury and redundancy.
About the role
As a Financial Adviser you will provide high quality financial planning advice to existing and prospective AMP Advice clients to enable our clients to achieve their goals.
The successful candidate will also manage ongoing client relationships by identifying individual client needs and servicing these needs in a manner which ensures value to the client as demonstrated by high client retention, client advocacy, new client referrals and additional inflow or service provision.
- Provide technically strong and compliant financial advice in a manner that aligns with the AMP Advice methodology and frameworks
- Provide exceptional service that exceeds clients’ expectations in accordance with the client advocacy survey
- Maintains client records by the use of standardised workflows, file notes and systems to ensure a consistently high standard of knowledge for each client that can be accessed by all team members
- Maintain the highest compliance standards to satisfy the legislative requirements, internal professional standards and the AMP Advice’s business rules
- Meet the minimum hours of required professional development training per annum by attending both internally and externally provided sessions
- Effectively manage the relationship between the client and AMP Advice including the transfer of clients to the ongoing service and providing advice on a fee-for-service basis
- Introduces new advice opportunities to existing clients and/or new clients by identifying referral opportunities from existing clients or other identified sources
- Deliver quality client and business outcomes by adhering to the AMP group’s core values and behaviours
Capabilities, Qualifications & Experience
- Meet the requirements of an existing adviser in terms of experience and education as required by https://www.fasea.gov.au/
- Minimum 2 years as an Authorised Representative (AR) providing personal financial advice as recorded on https://moneysmart.gov.au/financial-advice/financial-advisers-register
- SMSF qualification and/or CFP designation would be looked upon favourably
- Sound technical advising knowledge to current legislative, industry and corporate standards
- Proven high level of compliance to must meet AMP’s standards in order to be appointed as an Authorised Representative (AR) under the ipac license
Wellbeing & Benefits
As a company that values wellbeing, we offer a range of great benefits to support you financially, professionally and personally. These include access to a wide range of flexible working options including the ability to purchase extra leave, retail discounts, onsite wellbeing centre including a gym (Sydney Office), Employee Assistance Program, competitive home loan rates, leading superannuation contribution, discounted financial advice and personal insurance.
Inclusion and diversity
AMP welcomes people with all kinds of life and work experiences. Our individual differences and collective strength make for great employee, customer and business outcomes. What unique insights could you bring to the AMP team?
Competitive base + 12% super + bonus + employee benefits
Message to recruitment agencies and search firms
AMP does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies and search firms. Please do not email or send unsolicited resumes to any AMP employee, location or address. AMP is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.