AMP Bank is primarily a retail bank, with a focus on providing retail deposit accounts, residential mortgage products and services and other consumer value add services that support and compliment AMP's businesses including the provision of Practice Finance Loans to AMP aligned Financial Planners. Practice Finance Team facilitate provision of commercial banking requirement of Financial Planning Businesses.
About the role
Assist the Portfolio Business Manager in continually improving how we service Practice Finance clients through enhancement of business processes, procedure documentation, risk controls and reporting obligations.
- Compilation of external stakeholder reports such as APRA, ASIC as well as management reports for various committees
- Active participation in various committees and projects to enhance customer experience
- Documentation and continuous improvement of Practice Finance processes and procedure
- Reviewing and improving risk controls in conjunction with Enterprise Risk Management and other regulatory requirements
Capabilities & Experience
- Data analysis and interpretation to identify trends and make recommendations to ensure business profitability and operational excellence - essential
- Commercial banking knowledge and skills including lending knowledge and business processes - essential
- Strong customer focus and capability in relationship management with a focus on cross divisional team and a broad range of stakeholders – essential
- Demonstrated problem solving, facilitation and decision making skills - essential
- Demonstrated project management expertise – desired
- Bachelor Degree or higher in Banking, Accounting or other Financial Services related fields preferred but not mandatory
- Significant (demonstrable) exposure and working knowledge of commercial credit risk and analytics
- Exposure and working knowledge of the finance industry (including lending & Relationship management), specifically commercial banking environment
- Proven relationship management expertise
- Experience in identification and successful implementation of process improvement and automation
Working for AMP
Working for AMP means being part of a company that values diverse thinking, encourages collaboration and promotes innovation. It’s an environment that offers challenging and exciting work as well as opportunities for professional growth. We’re flexible enough to allow you to make the most of your life, both professionally and personally.
We are looking for those that have the courage and agility to navigate changing and complex environments so that we can deliver the best solutions for our customers. We value people with integrity, an innate willingness to help others and an eagerness to perform to the best of their abilities.
We’re transforming our business, and we need people like you to join us on this journey.
Wellbeing & Benefits
As a company that values wellbeing, we offer a range of great benefits to support you financially, professionally and personally. These include access to a wide range of flexible working options including the ability to purchase extra leave, retail discounts, onsite wellbeing centre including a gym (Sydney Office), Employee Assistance Program, competitive home loan rates, leading superannuation contribution, discounted financial advice and personal insurance.
Inclusion & Diversity
AMP recognises individual differences and welcomes people from a variety of life and work experiences. The diversity of our people is core to our ability to innovate, grow and to fulfil our collective aspiration of helping people to own their tomorrow. A natural curiosity, a respect for differences and a growth mindset are valued at AMP.