AMP Capital is a global investment management business and is with a diversified asset class mix. As part of the AMP Group, we share a heritage that spans over 160 years.
Our home strength in Australia and New Zealand has enabled us to grow internationally, and today we have operations established in the Middle East, China, Hong Kong, India, Ireland, Japan, Luxembourg, the United Kingdom and the United States. We also collaborate with a network of global investment partners, leveraging our shared capabilities to provide greater access to new investment opportunities.
Our asset class specialists, investment strategists and economists work together with the aim of delivering strong investment outcomes for clients. That is why our clients trust us to invest over A$200 billion (as at 30 June 2019) on their behalf, across a range of single sector and diversified funds.
Purpose of the role
Ensure the AMP Capital Investor product suite is tax efficient and all compliance obligations are met. Ultimately this will minimise tax costs, enhance investors’ returns and reduce the possibility for tax surprises.
Main focus areas
- Accurate review of tax returns and payment of taxes including responsibility for the review of PIE returns, GST, withholding taxes and FBT.
- Preparation of (as required) and review of provisional income tax calculations returns and income tax returns for AMP Capital Funds and entities administered internally or externally
- Liaise with Inland Revenue in respect of returns, payments and ad hoc matters.
- Preparation of (as required) and review of tax calculations including financial statement tax notes for AMP Capital Funds and entities administered internally or externally (including deferred tax calculations, as appropriate).
- Preparation of and advising of tax related journals for AMP Capital Funds and entities administered internally or externally
- Regular review of tax balances / taxable income allocated to investors in unitised Funds / PIEs. This includes reconciliation with financial statements and returns as required.
- Review PIE eligibility for PIEs / Funds.
- Review of securities held by PIEs / Funds to determine tax treatment.
- Assistance with tax reclaims for the Funds / PIEs
- Preparation of and assistance with GST apportionment calculation for AMP Capital.
- Preparation of and assistance with transfer pricing for AMP Capital.
- Assist in providing taxation advice in regard to new legislation, projects, structures, transactions and initiatives – in particular Fund / PIE changes, developments and closures.
- Develop and maintain existing internal and external relationships with the Inland Revenue, AMP Financial Services Team and external tax advisors and auditors.
- Ensure all taxation policies, procedures and templates are developed as required, maintained, implemented and easily accessible to all areas of the business.
Knowledge and experience
- Tertiary qualification in Accounting
- Knowledge of New Zealand tax legislation
- Experience in preparing and reviewing financial statement tax notes and journals (including deferred tax)
- Experience in preparing and reviewing New Zealand tax compliance including GST, withholding taxes, FBT, income tax returns and ideally PIE returns
- Ideally experience with a New Zealand Financial Services industry organisation
- Ideally NZICA membership (CA qualified)