AMP Foundation Programs Manager
Job no: 612496
Work type: Fixed term - full time
Categories: Marketing & Communications
About the AMP Foundation
The AMP Foundation was established in 1992 and is the main vehicle through which AMP invests in the community in Australia and in New Zealand.
It operates a series of trusts and has its own capital which is invested through AMP Capital. It is the investment income from this capital that the AMP Foundation uses to invest in the community and fund its operation.
The AMP Foundation invests in non-profit organisations in Australia in the areas of Community Involvement and Capacity Building through a mixture of long-term strategic partnerships and AMP-specific programs.
Purpose of the role
This role supports the operational management of the AMP Foundation, including risk management, workflow management, and also manages community programs and partnerships. This is an opportunity for a self-motivated and experienced leader to work as a 2IC in a corporate Foundation focused on improving the financial capability of Australians.
Main focus areas
Governance, risk management and compliance
- Assist with formal reporting (three times a year) to the AMP Foundation Board, including on aspects of the AMP Foundation’s operations and programs
- Draft monthly board updates
- Assist with risk management and compliance, ensuring procedures and plans are followed and appropriately reviewed
- Monitor budgets and forecasts
- Systematically capture knowledge and processes ensuring they are appropriately updated
- Develop and implement a stakeholder management plan
- Develop an operational calendar and manage workflow
Employee Volunteering and Fundraising Program
Manage the program and proactively identify meaningful volunteering, mentoring and fundraising opportunities, as well as streamlining administration and reporting.
- Source and negotiate new team and skilled volunteering opportunities. Manage the senior managers mentoring program.
- Manage major internal fundraising events, including promotion and event management. Identify or devise other fundraising events that are low-cost and time-efficient to administer, able to engage employees nationally and also raise a significant amount for charity.
- Manage and promote AMP’s payroll giving program to ensure participation is at a comparable level to other (similar) companies.
- Provide bi-monthly report on the program and reports for inclusion in board papers
- Manage and develop community partnerships, including identifying meaningful employee engagement opportunities
- Establish a program of senior manager advocates for each community partner
- Engage in detailed review, screening, and investigation of new funding proposals
- Partner with the Head of the Foundation in internal leadership activities, ensuring all team members have the opportunity to contribute to the success of the organisation
- Support the Head of the Foundation on the development of a financial capability strategy as required.
Skills and behaviours – job specific
- Excellent analytical and planning skills
- Excellent leadership and negotiation skills
- High interpersonal skills, with the ability to build working relationships across a broad spectrum of people
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to work on several projects simultaneously, set priorities, meet deadlines and remain focused during periodic high loads
- Very good oral and written communications skills for a variety of mediums and audiences
- Good level of Word and Excel
Wellbeing & Benefits
As a company that values wellbeing, we offer a range of great benefits to support you financially, professionally and personally. These include access to a wide range of flexible working options including the ability to purchase extra leave, retail discounts, onsite wellbeing centre including a gym (Sydney Office), Employee Assistance Program, competitive home loan rates, leading superannuation contribution, discounted financial advice and personal insurance.
Inclusion & Diversity
AMP recognises individual differences and welcomes people from a variety of life and work experiences. The diversity of our people is core to our ability to innovate, grow and to fulfil our collective aspiration of helping people to own their tomorrow. A natural curiosity, a respect for differences and a growth mindset are valued at AMP.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend